Hi, we're visiting from South Africa in June-July 2014 for 3-4 weeks, the planned trip of a lifetime! Our thoughts are to spend +- 4 days in New York, 3-4 days in the North-East region (eg overnight via Amtrak to Boston, Adirondack region etc), then to rent a car and drive southwards (any other suggestions here?) through Washington, Virginia and North/South Carolina to Florida, where we want to spend +- 8-10 days exploring and relaxing (inclusive of 4-5 days in Disneyworld etc). Would love any suggestions on where to go, not go, travel methods etc to get a good taste of the East Coast without burning ourselves out! Our kids are 11 and 8. Thank you!
East Coast with kids, Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 2 getting around DC
- 3 Looking for US issuing travel agent for partnership
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 6 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Metro Card Options
- 9 Oahu
- 10 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 11 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 12 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 13 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 14 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 15 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 16 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 19 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 20 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 21 Newport Restaurants
- 22 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 23 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 24 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 25 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old