Hi, we're visiting from South Africa in June-July 2014 for 3-4 weeks, the planned trip of a lifetime! Our thoughts are to spend +- 4 days in New York, 3-4 days in the North-East region (eg overnight via Amtrak to Boston, Adirondack region etc), then to rent a car and drive southwards (any other suggestions here?) through Washington, Virginia and North/South Carolina to Florida, where we want to spend +- 8-10 days exploring and relaxing (inclusive of 4-5 days in Disneyworld etc). Would love any suggestions on where to go, not go, travel methods etc to get a good taste of the East Coast without burning ourselves out! Our kids are 11 and 8. Thank you!
East Coast with kids, Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 5 Florida St George's Island
- 6 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 7 Union Square area restaurant
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 17 New York Food Tours
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 23 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 24 Looking for Next Destination
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown