Hi, we're visiting from South Africa in June-July 2014 for 3-4 weeks, the planned trip of a lifetime! Our thoughts are to spend +- 4 days in New York, 3-4 days in the North-East region (eg overnight via Amtrak to Boston, Adirondack region etc), then to rent a car and drive southwards (any other suggestions here?) through Washington, Virginia and North/South Carolina to Florida, where we want to spend +- 8-10 days exploring and relaxing (inclusive of 4-5 days in Disneyworld etc). Would love any suggestions on where to go, not go, travel methods etc to get a good taste of the East Coast without burning ourselves out! Our kids are 11 and 8. Thank you!
East Coast with kids, Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pavtube Offers Thanksgiving Gift on 2014 Thanksgiving Promotion Topic
- 2 From Seattle airport to the city
- 3 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 4 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 5 Colorado Skiing
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 12 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 13 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 14 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 19 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 20 Middle America in October
- 21 New York City Christmas Trip
- 22 visit to HIghLine
- 23 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 24 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 25 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida