I mapped out my itinerary.
So please help me if there's serious misunderstanding for example like distance and traffic so on.
1st day: as soon as fly in Dulles, pick up the car and head to Philadelphia premium outlet area to check into a hotel
2nd day: Philadelphia outlet shopping, Prussia mall shopping(seems like a wonderful mall to check) and IKEA shopping
3rd day: Philadelphia tour(short one like checking out Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Love sign, Rocky steps for a half day) and drive to Newport, RI and check into a hotel
4th & 5th day: Tour Newport area like Cliff walks, Mansions, Castle hill lighthouse, Williams Park Zoo, Brown university, Ocean Drive and Brenton Point state park(We won't be spending too much time in each place except a half day or a full day around Cliff walks and surrounding area)
6th day: Drive to NY and check out a few places
7th, 8th & 9th day: Tour NY
10th day: Drive to DC and stop by at famous blue crab shack and see some places in DC
11th & 12th day: Tour DC
13th day: Fly out
Does this plan seem OK? Or is it too much with 2 little kids to accomplish?
And I think if I'm driving to the next destination at nighttime, I can save the next half day but maybe more tiresome for sure. What's your suggestion? And if I'm heading to the next destination next morning, my family tend to deviate from our course to stop by at our family's interesting spots like shopping malls, supermarkets and so on which means wasting precious time. So...
I'd rather drive at nighttime if traffic allows and to make the most of our trip.
But, like I said, if there's a nice scenic route between DC and Newport, RI, I would drive in the daytime to appreciate that like changing leaves.
About accommodation, I was thinking about staying a little further out than staying in Manhattan and DC because it's so expensive and parking issue(extra parking charge even though I'm not planning driving in those two cities) like in Bethesda or Alexandria as someone recommended in DC and take the metro. Any suggested neighborhood in NY area? Or I'm thinking about airbnb.
Please enlighten me if I'm still to ambitious with my trip plan.
Thank you. = ]
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 3 Sufficient Sleep: Many people sleep late
- 4 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 5 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 6 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 7 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 8 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 9 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 10 Personal Safety At Cabins4Crew The Best Accommodation Near Heathrow Airport
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 13 Are you searching used car site?
- 14 Great OR beach house locations?
- 15 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 16 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 17 Honeymoon on PCH
- 18 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 19 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 20 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 21 San Francisco transit options
- 22 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 23 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 24 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 25 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?