I mapped out my itinerary.
So please help me if there's serious misunderstanding for example like distance and traffic so on.
1st day: as soon as fly in Dulles, pick up the car and head to Philadelphia premium outlet area to check into a hotel
2nd day: Philadelphia outlet shopping, Prussia mall shopping(seems like a wonderful mall to check) and IKEA shopping
3rd day: Philadelphia tour(short one like checking out Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Love sign, Rocky steps for a half day) and drive to Newport, RI and check into a hotel
4th & 5th day: Tour Newport area like Cliff walks, Mansions, Castle hill lighthouse, Williams Park Zoo, Brown university, Ocean Drive and Brenton Point state park(We won't be spending too much time in each place except a half day or a full day around Cliff walks and surrounding area)
6th day: Drive to NY and check out a few places
7th, 8th & 9th day: Tour NY
10th day: Drive to DC and stop by at famous blue crab shack and see some places in DC
11th & 12th day: Tour DC
13th day: Fly out
Does this plan seem OK? Or is it too much with 2 little kids to accomplish?
And I think if I'm driving to the next destination at nighttime, I can save the next half day but maybe more tiresome for sure. What's your suggestion? And if I'm heading to the next destination next morning, my family tend to deviate from our course to stop by at our family's interesting spots like shopping malls, supermarkets and so on which means wasting precious time. So...
I'd rather drive at nighttime if traffic allows and to make the most of our trip.
But, like I said, if there's a nice scenic route between DC and Newport, RI, I would drive in the daytime to appreciate that like changing leaves.
About accommodation, I was thinking about staying a little further out than staying in Manhattan and DC because it's so expensive and parking issue(extra parking charge even though I'm not planning driving in those two cities) like in Bethesda or Alexandria as someone recommended in DC and take the metro. Any suggested neighborhood in NY area? Or I'm thinking about airbnb.
Please enlighten me if I'm still to ambitious with my trip plan.
Thank you. = ]
East Coast trip in 11 full days.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 2 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 3 Is the New York subway safe?
- 4 Skiing New Mexico
- 5 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 6 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 7 Where to from Tampa?
- 8 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 9 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 10 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 17 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 18 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 19 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 20 Chicago Questions
- 21 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 22 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 23 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 24 Chicago eateries downtown
- 25 Lake Rabun Hotel