I mapped out my itinerary.
So please help me if there's serious misunderstanding for example like distance and traffic so on.
1st day: as soon as fly in Dulles, pick up the car and head to Philadelphia premium outlet area to check into a hotel
2nd day: Philadelphia outlet shopping, Prussia mall shopping(seems like a wonderful mall to check) and IKEA shopping
3rd day: Philadelphia tour(short one like checking out Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Love sign, Rocky steps for a half day) and drive to Newport, RI and check into a hotel
4th & 5th day: Tour Newport area like Cliff walks, Mansions, Castle hill lighthouse, Williams Park Zoo, Brown university, Ocean Drive and Brenton Point state park(We won't be spending too much time in each place except a half day or a full day around Cliff walks and surrounding area)
6th day: Drive to NY and check out a few places
7th, 8th & 9th day: Tour NY
10th day: Drive to DC and stop by at famous blue crab shack and see some places in DC
11th & 12th day: Tour DC
13th day: Fly out
Does this plan seem OK? Or is it too much with 2 little kids to accomplish?
And I think if I'm driving to the next destination at nighttime, I can save the next half day but maybe more tiresome for sure. What's your suggestion? And if I'm heading to the next destination next morning, my family tend to deviate from our course to stop by at our family's interesting spots like shopping malls, supermarkets and so on which means wasting precious time. So...
I'd rather drive at nighttime if traffic allows and to make the most of our trip.
But, like I said, if there's a nice scenic route between DC and Newport, RI, I would drive in the daytime to appreciate that like changing leaves.
About accommodation, I was thinking about staying a little further out than staying in Manhattan and DC because it's so expensive and parking issue(extra parking charge even though I'm not planning driving in those two cities) like in Bethesda or Alexandria as someone recommended in DC and take the metro. Any suggested neighborhood in NY area? Or I'm thinking about airbnb.
Please enlighten me if I'm still to ambitious with my trip plan.
Thank you. = ]
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 2 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 3 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 4 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 5 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 8 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 9 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 10 Family Trip advice please?!
- 11 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 12 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 13 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 14 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 15 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 16 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 17 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 18 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 19 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 20 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 21 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 22 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 23 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 24 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 25 Driving from San Fran to Seattle