Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Basically, we'll kick off with five nice days in NYC, next heading towards Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC, taking a day-trip over to the Niagara Falls before we spend about two and a half more weeks in Florida. As covering all of the stuff in one big topic would be messy, I'd rather go bit by bit and start with NYC:
NYC is obviously the easiest to gather information on (I've been there once before). We'll have five full days to enjoy the big apple. As we arrive on a Saturday, we highly tend towards doing the typical touristic sights not before Monday. It should save us some time at least. Also, we'll be a bit more flexible as to the weather conditions that way.
Brooklyn Bike Tour
China Town/Little Italy or SoHo
with some possible shopping inbetween
Statue of Liberty
OneWTC (hopefully it'd be open by then)
Statan Island Ferry round trip
St. Patrick's Cathedral
I'd love to hear comments and suggestions regarding our itinerary. Also, I'd like your take on only walking by/or skipping the Chrysler building, Washington Square, the Public Library.
I know people say either RFC or ESB, however, both feature different views and seem great for a first time visitor.
As to day one and China Town vs Little Italy vs Soho: That's definately a part, I'd need help on. Basically it should only suit as some kind of connection between Brooklyn and Chelsea/High Line. If anybody suggested anything different, I'd surely reconsider.
Day five would require the same treatment with regard to Harlem/Bronx/Cloisters. I've heard good stuff about either. Any recommendations?
Last but not least, I plan on having a night's view of the city from Brooklyn, not yet knowing where we'll be staying at. If any of your New Yorker's could point out a good connection towards the end of a specific day, that would really be appreciated.
East coast tour - Part1: NYC
Aloha to all of you,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 2 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 3 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 4 Is the New York subway safe?
- 5 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 6 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 7 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 8 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Where to from Tampa?
- 11 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Skiing New Mexico
- 14 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 18 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida