Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Basically, we'll kick off with five nice days in NYC, next heading towards Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC, taking a day-trip over to the Niagara Falls before we spend about two and a half more weeks in Florida. As covering all of the stuff in one big topic would be messy, I'd rather go bit by bit and start with NYC:
NYC is obviously the easiest to gather information on (I've been there once before). We'll have five full days to enjoy the big apple. As we arrive on a Saturday, we highly tend towards doing the typical touristic sights not before Monday. It should save us some time at least. Also, we'll be a bit more flexible as to the weather conditions that way.
Brooklyn Bike Tour
China Town/Little Italy or SoHo
with some possible shopping inbetween
Statue of Liberty
OneWTC (hopefully it'd be open by then)
Statan Island Ferry round trip
St. Patrick's Cathedral
I'd love to hear comments and suggestions regarding our itinerary. Also, I'd like your take on only walking by/or skipping the Chrysler building, Washington Square, the Public Library.
I know people say either RFC or ESB, however, both feature different views and seem great for a first time visitor.
As to day one and China Town vs Little Italy vs Soho: That's definately a part, I'd need help on. Basically it should only suit as some kind of connection between Brooklyn and Chelsea/High Line. If anybody suggested anything different, I'd surely reconsider.
Day five would require the same treatment with regard to Harlem/Bronx/Cloisters. I've heard good stuff about either. Any recommendations?
Last but not least, I plan on having a night's view of the city from Brooklyn, not yet knowing where we'll be staying at. If any of your New Yorker's could point out a good connection towards the end of a specific day, that would really be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 2 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 3 Hotels Houston
- 4 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 5 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 6 GTL Bicycle Carbon rims from China
- 7 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 8 Maui - best hotels/condos with good snorkeling right at the hotel
- 9 Develop Muscle
- 10 Auto train tips?
- 11 Nashville 2016
- 12 Recent reports on Kapoho & Wai'Ope snorkeling or water conditions?
- 13 I40 East in November
- 14 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 15 My CA itinerary
- 16 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 17 Asbury Park, NJ area help
- 18 Big Island Itinerary Feedback
- 19 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 20 Newark Airport Hotel for a day
- 21 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 22 Grand Canyon to LA
- 23 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 24 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 25 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
Aloha to all of you,