Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Basically, we'll kick off with five nice days in NYC, next heading towards Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC, taking a day-trip over to the Niagara Falls before we spend about two and a half more weeks in Florida. As covering all of the stuff in one big topic would be messy, I'd rather go bit by bit and start with NYC:
NYC is obviously the easiest to gather information on (I've been there once before). We'll have five full days to enjoy the big apple. As we arrive on a Saturday, we highly tend towards doing the typical touristic sights not before Monday. It should save us some time at least. Also, we'll be a bit more flexible as to the weather conditions that way.
Brooklyn Bike Tour
China Town/Little Italy or SoHo
with some possible shopping inbetween
Statue of Liberty
OneWTC (hopefully it'd be open by then)
Statan Island Ferry round trip
St. Patrick's Cathedral
I'd love to hear comments and suggestions regarding our itinerary. Also, I'd like your take on only walking by/or skipping the Chrysler building, Washington Square, the Public Library.
I know people say either RFC or ESB, however, both feature different views and seem great for a first time visitor.
As to day one and China Town vs Little Italy vs Soho: That's definately a part, I'd need help on. Basically it should only suit as some kind of connection between Brooklyn and Chelsea/High Line. If anybody suggested anything different, I'd surely reconsider.
Day five would require the same treatment with regard to Harlem/Bronx/Cloisters. I've heard good stuff about either. Any recommendations?
Last but not least, I plan on having a night's view of the city from Brooklyn, not yet knowing where we'll be staying at. If any of your New Yorker's could point out a good connection towards the end of a specific day, that would really be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthbeautyfacts.com/borealis-face-cream-borealis-eye-serum/
- 2 http://myhealthpeak.com/hl12-customer-reviews/
- 3 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 4 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 5 I95
- 6 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 7 Golden Triangle Trip LA>LV>SF>LA 03.30-04.14
- 8 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 9 From Atlanta to Nashville with 2 days in between- what to Do?
- 10 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 11 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 12 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 13 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 14 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 15 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 16 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 17 Wine Country
- 18 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 19 San Francisco first visit.
- 20 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 21 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 22 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 23 Hawaii Help
- 24 Renting a car with DWAI
- 25 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
Aloha to all of you,