We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 2 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 3 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 4 Northern California Gardens.
- 5 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 8 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 9 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 10 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 11 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 12 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 13 Arches or Zion?
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 15 Dallas airport to bush library
- 16 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 17 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 18 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 19 Providence RI Waterfire
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 22 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 23 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 24 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 25 Orlando Baggage Storage