We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 FIX-Freezing issues : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 MAIL 24*7
- 2 Universal Studios vacation
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 Rules of the NY Subway
- 5 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 6 San Antonio Grand Hyatt versus Marriott Riverwalk
- 7 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 8 1 more Minnesota location?
- 9 Dividing time in Glacier
- 10 Loop Road Trip from Seattle
- 11 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 14 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 15 Williams to Winslow and beyond, heading across the country
- 16 Things to do on a rainy Monday in Westerly
- 17 10 Days in Maine
- 18 Day tour to Grand Canyon From Sedona
- 19 Vermont first-timers
- 20 Alaska trip planning-Juneau, Glacier Bay, Haines & Skagway
- 21 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 22 Ideas for a Road Trip from Seattle to San Francisco
- 23 5 day SFO - LV - Grand Canyon trip
- 24 Need $4000-$5000 budget Tavel ideas
- 25 two moms with 2 kids to visit New Orleans