We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
East Coast to West Coast honeymoon.
- 1 BUY US,UK,CANADA DRIVER LICENSE,IDs,PASSPORTS,VISAS.COUNTERFEIT MONEY,ETC
- 2 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 3 stay near newark or nyc
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 6 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 7 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 8 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 9 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 10 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 11 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 14 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 15 Cape Ann area
- 16 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 17 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 18 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 19 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 20 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 21 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 22 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 23 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 24 Kauai golf
- 25 Manzanita Or restaurants