We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
East Coast to West Coast honeymoon.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 20 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 24 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 25 Must Eats