We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 2 Ideas for New York
- 3 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 4 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 5 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 6 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 7 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 8 No Spam this morning!!
- 9 Jazzfest side trips
- 10 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 11 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 12 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 13 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 14 San Francisco transit options
- 15 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 16 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 17 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 18 IAH to HOU Questions
- 19 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 20 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 21 Great OR beach house locations?
- 22 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 23 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 24 Honeymoon on PCH
- 25 CEO Dollar Rental Car