We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 password reset CONTACT SBCGLOBAL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 WEBROOT 1800:681:7208 installation☎ CONTACT WEBROOT Tec*h care 24*7
- 3 https://gojixtremesitebrazil.com/kiron-acqua-optimizer/
- 4 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 7 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 8 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 9 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 10 JFK to Washington
- 11 About Us
- 12 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 13 Where to live in the North East
- 14 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 15 Houston during hurricane
- 16 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 17 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 18 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 19 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 22 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 23 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 24 Maui and Kauai
- 25 Phoenix for the weekend