We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best time to visit alaska
- 2 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 3 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 4 NJ to Florida drive
- 5 Moab UT Accommendations
- 6 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 7 Grade 12 subjects
- 8 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 9 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 10 A week in NYC - first timers
- 11 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 12 Advise on trip
- 13 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 14 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 15 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 16 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 17 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 18 6 week West USA Family driving trip
- 19 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 20 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 21 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 22 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 23 Sedona
- 24 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 25 Cape Cod in September with toddler