We've been starting to think about planning our honeymoon, and this site keeps popping up so I thought I'd bite the bullet a write a post!
We're looking to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast over 5/6 weeks in the summer (July/August), as my fiancé is a school teacher over here in the UK.
On the East we'd like to see Washington DC, New York and Boston, then ideally take a trip up to Niagra Falls. We don't have an order of preference, and flights from the UK seem similar whichever place we fly into. We've never been to the USA so on this side we'd like to be tourists! Seeing the sights, fitting in a hockey match and seeing a show on broadway if possible.
From here we'd like to get to the West and see L.A, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park. As we're going to be travelling a lot, we'd like to leave some time at the end to relax on a beach somewhere and do nothing!
We both like sight seeing, shopping, history and outdoor beauty, however as this is a honeymoon we don't want to be rushing from place to place, taking a picture and saying "yep, been there". We want to truly experience places.
So I guess the first question is, is this doable? Can anyone recommend a good order or any "must see" places?
We can both drive, although my fiancé hates it so it would probably land on me! I've never driven abroad before so would prefer to break up long journeys, or look at buses/trains.
Any knowledge you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies and planning our trip of a lifetime!
East Coast to West Coast honeymoon.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 2 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 3 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 4 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 5 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 10 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 11 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 12 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 Montana- what are must see places?
- 15 California San Diego area lodging
- 16 Kauai Garden tours
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 19 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 22 Advice on Roadtrip
- 23 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 24 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 25 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch