My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 2 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 3 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 4 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 5 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 6 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 9 Phoenix restaurants
- 10 5 week in US/Mexico
- 11 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 10 day trip to California
- 14 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 Rafting near Denali
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 20 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 21 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 22 Kennedy Space Center
- 23 Week in October in Maine
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 2 Days in Portland - Best of?