My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennebunkport and....?
- 2 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 5 Wedding in Hawaii
- 6 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 Alaska cruise and land
- 10 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 11 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 18 SF to DR? WTH!
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 NYC Itinerary Help
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 23 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 24 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 25 Washington DC in May for 4 days