My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Refining my California Itinerary
- 2 Getaway
- 3 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 4 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 5 What's new on Maui?
- 6 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Oregon Road Trip
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Colorado aspen updates
- 11 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 12 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 13 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 14 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 15 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 16 Christmas in TX
- 17 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 18 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 19 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 20 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 21 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 22 Tucson area flooding
- 23 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 24 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 25 Moving to New Jersey