My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 2 San Diego farmer's markets
- 3 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 4 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 5 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 6 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 7 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 8 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 9 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 10 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Seafood
- 13 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 14 Connecticut River Byway
- 15 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 16 Boston
- 17 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 18 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 19 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 23 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 24 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 25 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)