My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Mesa Verde
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 7 Seattle Hyatts
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 10 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 11 San Diego - wher to stay
- 12 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 13 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 14 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 15 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 16 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 17 Berkshires in late October
- 18 2 day in Adirondack park
- 19 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 20 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 21 NYC Clubs for live music
- 22 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 23 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 24 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 25 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL