My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 2 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 3 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 4 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 5 Backpacking in April
- 6 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 replica designer handbags
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Cape Cod in early April
- 13 USA with a 3 year old
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 united and carry-ons
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Portland Maine Hotels
- 18 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 21 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 25 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife