My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 General Utah planning questions
- 2 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 3 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 4 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 From Seattle airport to the city
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 9 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 10 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 Dining in Manhattan
- 13 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 14 New York City Christmas Trip
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 17 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 18 Colorado Skiing
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 24 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 25 Northern West Coast Road Trip