My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest USA
- 2 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 3 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 4 Ackislander
- 5 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 6 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 7 san diego or nearby area
- 8 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 11 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 LA for a day and a half
- 14 Hotels Philly
- 15 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 19 Texas
- 20 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 21 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 22 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 23 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 24 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 25 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC