My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commercial Laundry Services Florida
- 2 Camping Generator!?
- 3 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 4 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 5 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 6 Alaska Trip Planning
- 7 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 8 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 9 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 10 Things to do in La Jolla
- 11 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 12 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 13 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 14 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 15 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 16 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 17 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 18 New York City-New Things?
- 19 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 20 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 21 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 24 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 25 DC - WW2 flyover