My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
View all United States activity »
- 1 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 2 RIP Judy Rogers
- 3 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 4 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 5 Boston area
- 6 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 7 Savanah Sojourn
- 8 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 11 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 12 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 13 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 16 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 17 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 18 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 19 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 20 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 23 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 24 Rockport, MA dining?
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions