My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 2 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 3 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 4 Oregon Road Trip
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 9 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Newport Restaurants
- 14 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 15 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 16 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 17 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 18 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 19 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 Question About Sealodge
- 22 Broadway choices
- 23 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 24 Fairbanks Alaska
- 25 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?