My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 3 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 6 Florida St George's Island
- 7 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 8 Union Square area restaurant
- 9 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 Must Eats
- 14 Breckenridge in October
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 17 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 18 New York Food Tours
- 19 Richmond highlights?
- 20 Washington DC in Spring?
- 21 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 22 Arches National Park in a day
- 23 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 24 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 25 Looking for Next Destination