My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 2 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 3 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 6 Houston in September
- 7 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 8 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 9 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 10 late-night DC restaurant
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 13 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 14 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 17 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 24 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 25 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!