My husband and I are considering a trip to the east coast. We LOVE hiking and history. I'm a photographer and enjoy taking pics of both nature and unique scenery (old bars, old churches, old architecture, libraries, etc.) We are not interested in New York (been there before....amazing but looking for more green and antique feel.) Would love your opinions. We are mid 30's, hike just about anything (hope to maybe do 1 or 2 hikes and have the rest of the time to visit towns and less crowded historic areas.) Hubby loves the water (small beaches or coastal views.) We plan on going late May-early June of 2012 for about 10 days and don't mind driving some distances to cover what we can.Thanks so much for any advice
East Coast areas that have best hiking and history...a little bit of both
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 2 Arches National Park in a day
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Looking for Next Destination
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 Union Square area restaurant
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 11 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 12 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 13 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 14 Washington DC in Spring?
- 15 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Richmond highlights?
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 22 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 23 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 24 New York, New York...
- 25 Shuttle Service from Newark