My fiancee is leaving Austin on Saturday, headed for Portland with a 2WD vehicle and a trailer. What roads will ensure a minimum in elevation change? The concern is adverse weather conditions and avoiding scary mountain passes with the trailer. This is not a scenic drive, but a straight-through "do not pass go do not collect $100." Any thoughts about how to maximize efficiency, minimize danger/hazards, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful feedback and assistance.
Driving w/ Trailer From Austin, TX to Portland, OR In Two Days
- 1 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 2 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 3 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 4 Boston and surrounding area
- 5 California, Northern
- 6 Seatlle, WA
- 7 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 8 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 9 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 10 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 11 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 12 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 13 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 14 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 15 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 16 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 18 Newport, RI Questions
- 19 Around North America (cruise)
- 20 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 21 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 22 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 25 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish