I am planning a trip for my parents to New Hampshire the first week in October. They both are well-traveled. I would love some suggestions. They are going to be going on a driving tour with their Ford Model A (will tow it from Indiana to make the drive easiest). I am looking at having them stop in the Adirondacks for 2 nights, possibly on Lake Placid, Mirror Lake Inn. And, then they would like to tour New Hampshire. Thus far, I have looked at Manor on Golden Pond. I would like for them to stay at beautiful, relaxing, upscale inns/bed and breakfasts. If they spend 2 nights in the Adirondacks, they will have 4 - 5 nights in New Hampshire before having to start driving back to Indiana. I would REALLY appreciate some help. I have not been to New Hampshire, so I am basically planning using various travel websites and possibly a couple books. I would like for them to maybe stay at 2 - 3 places while they are in New Hampshire. Possibly 2 nights in 2 places and maybe one night in another. They need to stay in locations that are good central points for "driving tours" and just for relaxing in the beautiful outdoors.
thanks so much,
PS the first week of October is best for Fall foliage, right? I am guessing this since I was in Vermont during that time 2 years ago...........
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 3 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 4 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 5 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 6 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 7 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 8 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 9 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 10 Remove Dark Patches with Zeta White
- 11 Visting a friend during layover
- 12 florida gulf coast
- 13 Alaska trip itinerary
- 14 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 15 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 16 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 17 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 18 Road trip advice needed please
- 19 Chicago restaurants
- 20 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 21 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 22 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 23 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 24 Newark long term parking
- 25 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers