I am planning a trip for my parents to New Hampshire the first week in October. They both are well-traveled. I would love some suggestions. They are going to be going on a driving tour with their Ford Model A (will tow it from Indiana to make the drive easiest). I am looking at having them stop in the Adirondacks for 2 nights, possibly on Lake Placid, Mirror Lake Inn. And, then they would like to tour New Hampshire. Thus far, I have looked at Manor on Golden Pond. I would like for them to stay at beautiful, relaxing, upscale inns/bed and breakfasts. If they spend 2 nights in the Adirondacks, they will have 4 - 5 nights in New Hampshire before having to start driving back to Indiana. I would REALLY appreciate some help. I have not been to New Hampshire, so I am basically planning using various travel websites and possibly a couple books. I would like for them to maybe stay at 2 - 3 places while they are in New Hampshire. Possibly 2 nights in 2 places and maybe one night in another. They need to stay in locations that are good central points for "driving tours" and just for relaxing in the beautiful outdoors.
thanks so much,
PS the first week of October is best for Fall foliage, right? I am guessing this since I was in Vermont during that time 2 years ago...........
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 2 Neue Galerie
- 3 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 4 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 5 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 6 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 7 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 8 DC restaurant report
- 9 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 10 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 14 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 15 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 19 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 20 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 21 Key West
- 22 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!