I am planning a trip for my parents to New Hampshire the first week in October. They both are well-traveled. I would love some suggestions. They are going to be going on a driving tour with their Ford Model A (will tow it from Indiana to make the drive easiest). I am looking at having them stop in the Adirondacks for 2 nights, possibly on Lake Placid, Mirror Lake Inn. And, then they would like to tour New Hampshire. Thus far, I have looked at Manor on Golden Pond. I would like for them to stay at beautiful, relaxing, upscale inns/bed and breakfasts. If they spend 2 nights in the Adirondacks, they will have 4 - 5 nights in New Hampshire before having to start driving back to Indiana. I would REALLY appreciate some help. I have not been to New Hampshire, so I am basically planning using various travel websites and possibly a couple books. I would like for them to maybe stay at 2 - 3 places while they are in New Hampshire. Possibly 2 nights in 2 places and maybe one night in another. They need to stay in locations that are good central points for "driving tours" and just for relaxing in the beautiful outdoors.
thanks so much,
PS the first week of October is best for Fall foliage, right? I am guessing this since I was in Vermont during that time 2 years ago...........
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ice Age: Collision Course Full Movie Download HD
- 2 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 3 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 4 Steamboat in August
- 5 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 6 Cape cod Labor Day
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 US Open Tennis
- 9 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 10 Hawaii with limited time
- 11 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 12 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 13 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 14 Grand Teton Questions
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Your favourite places in New York City
- 17 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 18 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 19 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 20 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 21 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 22 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 23 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 24 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017