Planning to drive from IL to Yellowstone this summer. I have our reservations set in Yellowstone for three nights (one at Roosevelt and two at OFI). We have three kids ages 12-14 and a husband - all who are up for visiting Yellowstone - but none looking forward to the long drive. Flying is cost prohibitive. Since we'll practically drive right through Mt. Rushmore - planning to make a stop there. Otherwise, after 3 days in Yellowstone we're going to spend another 3 days in the Big Sky/Bozeman area before heading back to IL. Can this trip be done in 10-11 days without feeling like we've just been in the car the entire time? I'm allowing 2 days to drive there and 2 days to drive back. Anyone have some words of encouragement that we can do this and it will be fun? I don't have the vacation time to do more than a 10-11 day trip. If you've made this trek - where are some good places to stop along the way to break up the trip (without blowing half a day - because we're on a time schedule). Thanks!
Driving to Yellowstone - need a boost
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Best Destination in USA
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 7 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 8 x mas
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 21 New Orleans help please
- 22 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 23 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 24 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 25 los angeles restaurants