Planning to drive from IL to Yellowstone this summer. I have our reservations set in Yellowstone for three nights (one at Roosevelt and two at OFI). We have three kids ages 12-14 and a husband - all who are up for visiting Yellowstone - but none looking forward to the long drive. Flying is cost prohibitive. Since we'll practically drive right through Mt. Rushmore - planning to make a stop there. Otherwise, after 3 days in Yellowstone we're going to spend another 3 days in the Big Sky/Bozeman area before heading back to IL. Can this trip be done in 10-11 days without feeling like we've just been in the car the entire time? I'm allowing 2 days to drive there and 2 days to drive back. Anyone have some words of encouragement that we can do this and it will be fun? I don't have the vacation time to do more than a 10-11 day trip. If you've made this trek - where are some good places to stop along the way to break up the trip (without blowing half a day - because we're on a time schedule). Thanks!
Driving to Yellowstone - need a boost
View all United States activity »
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 8 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 9 Biloxi questions again
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 12 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 13 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 14 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 20 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 21 Vero Beach FL
- 22 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 23 Question about Boulder area
- 24 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?