I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post my question.
I am going to be going to Texas this Thursday (leaving from Phoenix, AZ) and will be gone for a few days. Thursday we are getting up very early and will take I-10 to I-20. We are spending the first night in Abilene. Then on Friday we will head to McKinney (just north of Dallas) and stay for 2 nights and then on Sunday evening we will take I-40 and be in Weatherford, OK before heading back to Phoenix.
We already have our hotels planned so that's not an issue. We are just looking for fun things to see along the way. We are planning on stopping at a sand dune place in Texas (not sure of the name or how much it costs). And we are thinking about stopping at the Continental divide if it's anything spectacular. My friend has never been to Texas before so I want to make sure she sees some interesting sites. Is there anything to see around McKinney, or do in Weatherford, or on the way to Weatherford? Maybe in OKC? We will have all day Sunday to see sites in Oklahoma and all day Friday and a few hours on Saturday to see sites in the Dallas area (and of course driving into Dallas we would love to see somethings).
I'm a little hesitant to do a lot in Dallas as that is the only city I've ever got lost in almost every time I visit.
Driving to Texas - looking for fun things to see
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 4 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 5 los angeles restaurants
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 8 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 9 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 10 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 11 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 14 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 15 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 16 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 17 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 18 New Orleans help please
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 21 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 24 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 25 Queens, NY - Do not go