I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post my question.
I am going to be going to Texas this Thursday (leaving from Phoenix, AZ) and will be gone for a few days. Thursday we are getting up very early and will take I-10 to I-20. We are spending the first night in Abilene. Then on Friday we will head to McKinney (just north of Dallas) and stay for 2 nights and then on Sunday evening we will take I-40 and be in Weatherford, OK before heading back to Phoenix.
We already have our hotels planned so that's not an issue. We are just looking for fun things to see along the way. We are planning on stopping at a sand dune place in Texas (not sure of the name or how much it costs). And we are thinking about stopping at the Continental divide if it's anything spectacular. My friend has never been to Texas before so I want to make sure she sees some interesting sites. Is there anything to see around McKinney, or do in Weatherford, or on the way to Weatherford? Maybe in OKC? We will have all day Sunday to see sites in Oklahoma and all day Friday and a few hours on Saturday to see sites in the Dallas area (and of course driving into Dallas we would love to see somethings).
I'm a little hesitant to do a lot in Dallas as that is the only city I've ever got lost in almost every time I visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time visit to California
- 2 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 3 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 4 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 7 NY State Assembly Internship
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 10 Touring Hearst Castle
- 11 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 12 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 13 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 14 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 15 San Francisco
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 18 Angels Landing
- 19 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 20 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 21 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 22 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 23 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 24 Arlington funeral plans
- 25 White Christmas