I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post my question.
I am going to be going to Texas this Thursday (leaving from Phoenix, AZ) and will be gone for a few days. Thursday we are getting up very early and will take I-10 to I-20. We are spending the first night in Abilene. Then on Friday we will head to McKinney (just north of Dallas) and stay for 2 nights and then on Sunday evening we will take I-40 and be in Weatherford, OK before heading back to Phoenix.
We already have our hotels planned so that's not an issue. We are just looking for fun things to see along the way. We are planning on stopping at a sand dune place in Texas (not sure of the name or how much it costs). And we are thinking about stopping at the Continental divide if it's anything spectacular. My friend has never been to Texas before so I want to make sure she sees some interesting sites. Is there anything to see around McKinney, or do in Weatherford, or on the way to Weatherford? Maybe in OKC? We will have all day Sunday to see sites in Oklahoma and all day Friday and a few hours on Saturday to see sites in the Dallas area (and of course driving into Dallas we would love to see somethings).
I'm a little hesitant to do a lot in Dallas as that is the only city I've ever got lost in almost every time I visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with this
- 2 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 5 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 6 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 7 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 8 New Orleans
- 9 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 10 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 11 Oregon road trip
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 14 Weather in Chicago
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day