I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post my question.
I am going to be going to Texas this Thursday (leaving from Phoenix, AZ) and will be gone for a few days. Thursday we are getting up very early and will take I-10 to I-20. We are spending the first night in Abilene. Then on Friday we will head to McKinney (just north of Dallas) and stay for 2 nights and then on Sunday evening we will take I-40 and be in Weatherford, OK before heading back to Phoenix.
We already have our hotels planned so that's not an issue. We are just looking for fun things to see along the way. We are planning on stopping at a sand dune place in Texas (not sure of the name or how much it costs). And we are thinking about stopping at the Continental divide if it's anything spectacular. My friend has never been to Texas before so I want to make sure she sees some interesting sites. Is there anything to see around McKinney, or do in Weatherford, or on the way to Weatherford? Maybe in OKC? We will have all day Sunday to see sites in Oklahoma and all day Friday and a few hours on Saturday to see sites in the Dallas area (and of course driving into Dallas we would love to see somethings).
I'm a little hesitant to do a lot in Dallas as that is the only city I've ever got lost in almost every time I visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 2 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 3 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 4 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 5 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 6 Ideas for New York
- 7 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 8 New York in December
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 11 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 12 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 13 Staying outside DC
- 14 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 15 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 16 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 17 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 20 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 21 Road trip
- 22 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 23 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 24 Getting married to a French man
- 25 3-week one-way cross country trip in June