I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post my question.
I am going to be going to Texas this Thursday (leaving from Phoenix, AZ) and will be gone for a few days. Thursday we are getting up very early and will take I-10 to I-20. We are spending the first night in Abilene. Then on Friday we will head to McKinney (just north of Dallas) and stay for 2 nights and then on Sunday evening we will take I-40 and be in Weatherford, OK before heading back to Phoenix.
We already have our hotels planned so that's not an issue. We are just looking for fun things to see along the way. We are planning on stopping at a sand dune place in Texas (not sure of the name or how much it costs). And we are thinking about stopping at the Continental divide if it's anything spectacular. My friend has never been to Texas before so I want to make sure she sees some interesting sites. Is there anything to see around McKinney, or do in Weatherford, or on the way to Weatherford? Maybe in OKC? We will have all day Sunday to see sites in Oklahoma and all day Friday and a few hours on Saturday to see sites in the Dallas area (and of course driving into Dallas we would love to see somethings).
I'm a little hesitant to do a lot in Dallas as that is the only city I've ever got lost in almost every time I visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 2 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 3 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 4 Orlando - condoleances
- 5 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 6 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 7 road trip during husbands bday
- 8 Your favourite places in New York City
- 9 Trip Starting from New York
- 10 A day in Boston
- 11 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 14 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 15 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 16 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 17 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 18 Niagara Falls.
- 19 A June trip to Kauai
- 20 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 21 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 22 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 23 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 24 1st trip to Colorado
- 25 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October