Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Driving To Steamboat- What To Expect
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 2 Texas
- 3 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 4 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 5 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 6 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 7 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 8 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 9 Cross Country RV Trip
- 10 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 11 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 12 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 13 Universal Orlando
- 14 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 15 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 16 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 17 Hotels Philly
- 18 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 19 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 22 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 23 California
- 24 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 25 Deep South sept 2015