Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 2 Virginia Beach in late October?
- 3 Good day. I can't hide this great testimony
- 4 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 5 Good day. I can't hide this great testimony
- 6 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 7 Good day. I can't hide this great testimony
- 8 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 9 Good day. I can't hide this great testimony
- 10 Good day. I can't hide this great testimony
- 11 11 days SE coast road trip
- 12 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 13 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 14 Seattle in early August
- 15 Mackinac or Holland?
- 16 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 17 Memphis to Dallas
- 18 first trip to HI
- 19 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 20 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 21 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 22 Pittsburgh Trip
- 23 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 24 Maine in late October
- 25 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country