Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Driving To Steamboat- What To Expect
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 11 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Denver in a half day
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 17 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 18 Oahu ideas
- 19 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 20 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 25 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC