Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 2 40th birthday in (COLD) Chicago!
- 3 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 4 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 5 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 6 Short Vermont Road Trip
- 7 Advice on San Francisco itinerary please!
- 8 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 9 trip to Acadia National Park
- 10 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 11 September southwest utah
- 12 San Francisco - need restaurant & tourist tips
- 13 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 14 Two Mini Trips to Minneapolis
- 15 Hotels in Minneapolis for University visit
- 16 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 17 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 18 Charleston and Asheville
- 19 Maui and the Big Island - Activities for each island
- 20 3 days in Houston area ?????
- 21 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 22 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 23 Anyone received an email confirming a change in reservation...
- 24 Visa, Greencard advice
- 25 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah