Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 2 Hotels Houston
- 3 GTL Bicycle Carbon rims from China
- 4 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 5 Maui - best hotels/condos with good snorkeling right at the hotel
- 6 Develop Muscle
- 7 Auto train tips?
- 8 Nashville 2016
- 9 Recent reports on Kapoho & Wai'Ope snorkeling or water conditions?
- 10 I40 East in November
- 11 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 12 My CA itinerary
- 13 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 14 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 15 Asbury Park, NJ area help
- 16 Big Island Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 18 Newark Airport Hotel for a day
- 19 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 20 Grand Canyon to LA
- 21 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 22 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 23 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 24 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 25 Overnight parking in San Francisco