Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://fitnesseducations.com/alpha-x-boost/
- 2 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 3 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 4 Boston to Naples florida
- 5 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 8 Hotel in Reno
- 9 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 10 Trinity Site, NM
- 11 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 12 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 13 North Carolina airports
- 14 best health clubs with lap pools
- 15 10 days vacation in California
- 16 Santa Fe Itineray
- 17 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 18 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 19 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 20 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 21 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 22 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 23 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 24 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 25 Southwest Road Trip in Oct