Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 3 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 4 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 5 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 6 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 7 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 8 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 9 Relocating to the Deep South
- 10 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 11 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 12 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 13 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 14 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 15 south west family trip itinerary
- 16 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 17 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 18 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 19 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 20 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 21 wasting time around JFK
- 22 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 23 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 24 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 25 SF Restaurant