Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Driving To Steamboat- What To Expect
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 2 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 3 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 4 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 5 Shenandoah National Park
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 8 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 9 Seattle Visit April
- 10 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 13 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 14 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 15 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 16 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 17 Morning in miami
- 18 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 19 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 20 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 21 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 22 One night on the outskirts of Seattle - anywhere neat for the night
- 23 Old Faithful Inn East Vs West Wing differences
- 24 Mission: Florida Gulf Coast-Feb 2016
- 25 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver