Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 9-10 day trip to WA
- 4 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 5 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 6 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 7 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 8 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 9 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 10 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 11 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 12 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 13 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 14 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 15 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 16 Atlanta With Toddler
- 17 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 18 NYC For The Day
- 19 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 20 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 21 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 22 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 23 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 24 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 25 Turo?