Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Driving To Steamboat- What To Expect
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 2 Oregon Road Trip
- 3 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 4 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 5 Getaway
- 6 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 7 Moving to New Jersey
- 8 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 9 Refining my California Itinerary
- 10 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 11 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 12 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 13 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 14 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 15 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 16 St. Simon, Georgia
- 17 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 18 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Christmas in TX
- 21 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 22 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 23 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 24 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 25 Ben Landa