Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 2 Las Vegas
- 3 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 4 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 5 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 6 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 7 national/state park in November
- 8 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 9 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 10 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 50th in Hawaii
- 13 Florida Family vacation in California
- 14 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 15 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 16 traveling to Nashville
- 17 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 18 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 19 San Francisco California
- 20 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products
- 21 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 22 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 23 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 24 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 25 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX