Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 2 A day in Boston
- 3 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 4 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 5 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 6 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 7 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 8 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 9 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 10 Mystic CT
- 11 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 12 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 15 A June trip to Kauai
- 16 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 19 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 20 Orlando - condoleances
- 21 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 22 1st trip to Colorado
- 23 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 24 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 25 Napa Valley Hotel