Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 myrtle beach
- 2 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 3 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 4 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 5 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 6 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 7 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 8 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 9 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 10 North Carolina Coast
- 11 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 12 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 13 NYC with wheelchair
- 14 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 15 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 16 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 17 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 18 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 19 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 20 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 21 New Orleans logistics
- 22 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 23 Hilton Head
- 24 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 25 Texas exploring for 18 days