Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 2 Hiking and biking hotel options
- 3 BYOB in New York City
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 6 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 7 Chicago Cab
- 8 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 9 Restaurants in DC
- 10 Broadway show tickets
- 11 4th of July in Chicago
- 12 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 13 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 14 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 15 Sedona to Vegas
- 16 Hawk's
- 17 Oahu hotels
- 18 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 19 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 20 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 21 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 22 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 23 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 24 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 25 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx