Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Driving To Steamboat- What To Expect
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 3 Advice on Roadtrip
- 4 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 5 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 6 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 7 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 8 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Zion the narrows
- 11 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 13 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 14 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 15 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 16 Los Angeles day trips
- 17 Hawaiian Islands
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Cabin in Asheville area
- 23 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 24 Seattle Transportation??
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip