Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Driving To Steamboat- What To Expect
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 3 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 4 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 13 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 14 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 15 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 16 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 17 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 18 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 19 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 20 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 21 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 22 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 23 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 hawaii for 10 weeks