Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sacramento Hotel
- 2 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 3 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 4 USA family tour
- 5 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 6 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 8 Philly Itinerary Help
- 9 4 days road trip southern New England
- 10 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 11 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 12 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 13 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 14 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 15 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 16 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 17 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 18 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 19 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 20 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 21 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 22 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 23 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 24 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 25 Costco Travel