Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 2 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 3 Study in America
- 4 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 5 Florida Family vacation in California
- 6 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 7 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 8 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 9 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 10 Philadelphia to Boston
- 11 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 12 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 13 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 14 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 15 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 16 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 17 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 18 Yosemite Visit
- 19 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 20 New York City Christmas 2015
- 21 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 22 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 23 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 24 Advice on tipping
- 25 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga