Greetings from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I have a group of 15 or so people who are looking to make a trip up to steamboat springs for a ski trip December 15th-22nd. We will be taking a 2011 4x4 GMC sierra 1500, a 2012 4x4 F150, and a 2010 4x4 Ford Escape. Four of us have had snow driving experience (two drove to breckenridge last year) and all of us have lots of Interstate driving.
What should we expect on the drive up to Steamboat Springs? Flying for us is way more expensive than driving up there- otherwise we would definitely fly.
We want to know how we should prepare and what we should expect to do in terms of changing our driving habits.
Are the roads kept clear?
What's the weather like that time of year in how it affects driving?
I hear it's mostly interstate driving, is that true?
Any information I can get is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to California
- 2 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 3 Taxi service like Uber etc
- 4 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 5 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 6 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 7 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 8 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 9 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 10 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 11 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 12 Angels Landing
- 13 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 14 San Francisco and Napa
- 15 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 16 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 17 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 18 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 19 California RV baby and child seats
- 20 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 21 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 22 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 23 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 24 car rentals in San Diego
- 25 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County