We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 3 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 6 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 7 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 8 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 11 New York City Restaurants
- 12 Dining in D.C.
- 13 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 14 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 15 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 16 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 17 Jersey City Parking
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Washington DC Metro
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 23 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 24 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 25 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley