We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oahu
- 2 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 3 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 4 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 5 getting around DC
- 6 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 7 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 8 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 9 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 10 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 11 San Francisco - mid October
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 14 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 15 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 16 Newport Restaurants
- 17 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 18 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 19 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 20 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 21 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 22 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 23 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 24 West Coast to Indianapolis
- 25 Travel between Maui and Big Island