We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Venice tourist travel pass
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Vegas in mid may
- 4 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 5 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 6 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 7 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 8 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 9 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 10 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 11 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 12 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 13 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 14 Which FL town is best?
- 15 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 16 Disney World resort vacation at the Carribean Beach
- 17 Texas
- 18 planning a trip to US
- 19 10 day trip
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 21 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 22 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 23 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 24 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 25 Condo Rental in Florida