We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 5 Alaska railroad?
- 6 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 7 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 8 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 9 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 10 Itinerary opinions
- 11 Calgary to Banff
- 12 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 13 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 14 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 15 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 16 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 17 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 18 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 19 Our perfect day in Key West
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 22 culpepper
- 23 2 weeks in Alaska
- 24 Pub with food in Seattle
- 25 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question