We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 6 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 7 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 10 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 11 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 12 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 15 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 16 Richmond highlights?
- 17 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 18 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 19 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 22 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 23 Washington DC in Spring?
- 24 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 25 montana vs ft nelson bc area