We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 4 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 5 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 6 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 7 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 8 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 11 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 12 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 13 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 14 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 15 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 16 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 17 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 18 best of yellowstone
- 19 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 20 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 21 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 22 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 23 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 24 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 25 Vegas hotels for families