We will be driving from Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, SD through Colorado on our way to Flagstaff & would like to do some scenic driving in Colorado. Last time we were there, we visited Mesa Verde and drove the Million Dollar Highway (in April 2011). My husband visited Pike's Peak many years ago, and would like to revisit Colorado Springs. I'm looking at Trailridge Road instead, especially since we'll be coming from South Dakota. Hope to see some fall color and would enjoy seeing the elks. We can spend a night. Can't hike, but short strolls would work. We'll probably be there at the beginning of October. Really appreciated the great advice we received in 2011, so thought I'd come back for more. Thanks!
Driving through Colorado (between Mt. Rushmore & Flagstaff)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 May 20th - Ritz Orlando Grande Lakes Charity Golf $150
- 2 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 3 Sacramento: 2 days, best use of that time?
- 4 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 5 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 6 A trip from Pensacola to Miami
- 7 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 8 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 9 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 10 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 11 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 12 Las Vegas, GC, Page, Bryce, Zion - August with teens - advice welcome
- 13 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 14 Boston to see Sargent works
- 15 Trip report, Part 4 - Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce, Vegas, Jan 2015
- 16 New York City - apartment locations
- 17 Utah 2
- 18 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 19 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 20 Tudor city -special help/info
- 21 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 22 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 23 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 24 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 25 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?