I am a amateur landscape photographer who after going to Alaska am meeting my wife in Seattle for the drive to MSP. I have 7 days to get to MSP. I want to show her the grandeur of the mountains and the vast prairies--am thinking about Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and dropping into Estus Colorado and then north into the Badlands. I know with the limited time--I am going to have some big driving days. My question is where to go and what to emphasize--should I run and gun? 400 miles a day and hop from place to place --or, have big driving days--600-700 miles--in order to buy time for 2-3 days in a location? I am hoping some experienced travelers can help me.
Driving Seattle to Minneapolis early July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 2 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 3 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 4 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 5 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 6 New York Trip
- 7 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 8 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 9 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 10 Balloon fest hotels
- 11 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 12 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 13 Houston in September
- 14 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 15 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 16 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 17 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 18 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 19 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 20 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 21 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 24 Transportation help in Philly
- 25 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track