I am a amateur landscape photographer who after going to Alaska am meeting my wife in Seattle for the drive to MSP. I have 7 days to get to MSP. I want to show her the grandeur of the mountains and the vast prairies--am thinking about Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and dropping into Estus Colorado and then north into the Badlands. I know with the limited time--I am going to have some big driving days. My question is where to go and what to emphasize--should I run and gun? 400 miles a day and hop from place to place --or, have big driving days--600-700 miles--in order to buy time for 2-3 days in a location? I am hoping some experienced travelers can help me.
Driving Seattle to Minneapolis early July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 Key West Hotel in January
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 los angeles restaurants
- 10 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 11 West Maui Restaurants
- 12 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 15 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 16 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 17 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 18 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 19 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 San Diego Little Italy
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?