I am a amateur landscape photographer who after going to Alaska am meeting my wife in Seattle for the drive to MSP. I have 7 days to get to MSP. I want to show her the grandeur of the mountains and the vast prairies--am thinking about Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and dropping into Estus Colorado and then north into the Badlands. I know with the limited time--I am going to have some big driving days. My question is where to go and what to emphasize--should I run and gun? 400 miles a day and hop from place to place --or, have big driving days--600-700 miles--in order to buy time for 2-3 days in a location? I am hoping some experienced travelers can help me.
Driving Seattle to Minneapolis early July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennebunkport and....?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 7 Travel West Coast
- 8 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 9 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 10 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 11 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 12 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 16 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 19 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 20 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 21 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 24 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 25 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah