I am a amateur landscape photographer who after going to Alaska am meeting my wife in Seattle for the drive to MSP. I have 7 days to get to MSP. I want to show her the grandeur of the mountains and the vast prairies--am thinking about Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and dropping into Estus Colorado and then north into the Badlands. I know with the limited time--I am going to have some big driving days. My question is where to go and what to emphasize--should I run and gun? 400 miles a day and hop from place to place --or, have big driving days--600-700 miles--in order to buy time for 2-3 days in a location? I am hoping some experienced travelers can help me.
Driving Seattle to Minneapolis early July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Dining in Manhattan
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 American Honeymoon in March
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 17 St Patrick's renovations
- 18 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 From Seattle airport to the city
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015