I am a amateur landscape photographer who after going to Alaska am meeting my wife in Seattle for the drive to MSP. I have 7 days to get to MSP. I want to show her the grandeur of the mountains and the vast prairies--am thinking about Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and dropping into Estus Colorado and then north into the Badlands. I know with the limited time--I am going to have some big driving days. My question is where to go and what to emphasize--should I run and gun? 400 miles a day and hop from place to place --or, have big driving days--600-700 miles--in order to buy time for 2-3 days in a location? I am hoping some experienced travelers can help me.
Driving Seattle to Minneapolis early July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 3 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 6 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 7 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Boston/Fenway park
- 12 California self drive trip
- 13 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 14 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 15 Timeshare Nightmares
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 10 day trip to California
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 20 Drive along the Columbia River
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas