I am a amateur landscape photographer who after going to Alaska am meeting my wife in Seattle for the drive to MSP. I have 7 days to get to MSP. I want to show her the grandeur of the mountains and the vast prairies--am thinking about Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and dropping into Estus Colorado and then north into the Badlands. I know with the limited time--I am going to have some big driving days. My question is where to go and what to emphasize--should I run and gun? 400 miles a day and hop from place to place --or, have big driving days--600-700 miles--in order to buy time for 2-3 days in a location? I am hoping some experienced travelers can help me.
Driving Seattle to Minneapolis early July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 2 Fancy dining
- 3 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 4 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 5 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 6 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 7 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 10 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 11 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 12 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 13 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 14 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 Charlotte restaurant help
- 17 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 18 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 19 Itinerary opinions
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 22 Alaska railroad?
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 25 culpepper