We are planning to drive SF to Anaheim early October and really can only manage 1 night to stop along the way but particularly wanted to do the coast drive. Family of four ( incl 2 teenage boys) we would like to optimise the scenery options and have stops along the way but reading reviews it seems we are going to be pressed for time. Boys keen on visiting Monterey Aquarium There is a very small chance we could squeeze another night in but trying to make it work with just the one night. . Would love to hear options for places to visit, stay over for the night and possibly travel times between certain stops. We are mindful that traffic apparently gets crazy thru LA in the afternoon We are travelling straight thru to Anaheim. What time does the highways get jammed up? First trip to the States and hubby a tad nervous about the driving aspect. Staying at Fisherman's Wharf in SF and looking to collect a rental car on last day. Any recommendations re the simplest method of leaving the city?
Driving San Francisco - Anaheim on coastal highway - Only 1 night to stop
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 A day in Dallas
- 11 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 14 Door County Suggestions
- 15 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 16 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 17 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 25 San Diego parks and attractions