We are planning to drive SF to Anaheim early October and really can only manage 1 night to stop along the way but particularly wanted to do the coast drive. Family of four ( incl 2 teenage boys) we would like to optimise the scenery options and have stops along the way but reading reviews it seems we are going to be pressed for time. Boys keen on visiting Monterey Aquarium There is a very small chance we could squeeze another night in but trying to make it work with just the one night. . Would love to hear options for places to visit, stay over for the night and possibly travel times between certain stops. We are mindful that traffic apparently gets crazy thru LA in the afternoon We are travelling straight thru to Anaheim. What time does the highways get jammed up? First trip to the States and hubby a tad nervous about the driving aspect. Staying at Fisherman's Wharf in SF and looking to collect a rental car on last day. Any recommendations re the simplest method of leaving the city?
Driving San Francisco - Anaheim on coastal highway - Only 1 night to stop
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 2 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 3 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 6 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 7 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 8 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 11 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 12 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 17 Boston in winter?
- 18 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 22 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 23 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 Manhattan Marriott Property December