Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NK OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 OUTLOOK @T
- 2 Orlando area weather in June
- 3 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 4 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 5 Boston Food Tour
- 6 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 7 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 8 "Fitness" vacations
- 9 Help plan my trip please
- 10 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 11 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 12 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC
- 13 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 14 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 15 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 16 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 17 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 18 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 19 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 20 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 21 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 22 Fort Smith to Memphis roadtrip.. need advice!
- 23 Ready for Oregon -- tell me about Eugene: hikes and lunch?
- 24 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 25 Roadtrip Rental Car