Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Lodging
- 2 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 3 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 4 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 5 Worst Restaurants in America
- 6 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 7 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 8 Colorado aspen updates
- 9 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 10 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 11 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 Arches National Park in a day
- 14 SFO International Airport
- 15 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 16 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 17 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 18 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 19 Fall color yet?
- 20 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 My Book of Mormon review
- 23 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 24 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 25 Car service from Oakland airport to city