Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Itinerary opinions
- 4 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 5 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 6 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 7 Santa Barbara, California
- 8 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 9 Charlotte restaurant help
- 10 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 15 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 18 Chicago trip
- 19 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 20 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 21 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 22 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 23 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 24 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?