Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City
- 2 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 3 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 4 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 5 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 6 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 7 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 8 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 9 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 10 Disneyland for a Day, One park or park hopper?
- 11 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 12 Savannah GA
- 13 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 14 Beach holiday with baby
- 15 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 16 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 17 Seattle hotels
- 18 Things to do around New York
- 19 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 20 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 24 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 25 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.