Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 2 Best Burgers in Tampa Bay?
- 3 Things to do in Tampa Bay?
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 6 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 7 Headlock Muscle Scam? Do Not Buy Read Reviews First *SHOCKING*
- 8 Rail Male Enhancement - Best Natural Male Sexual Enhancement Supplement
- 9 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 10 Hawaii wedding
- 11 Oregon Coast question
- 12 California road trip
- 13 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 14 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 15 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 16 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 17 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 18 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 19 Moving to Montana
- 20 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 21 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 22 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 23 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 24 Savanah GA
- 25 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK