Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to the Deep South
- 2 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 3 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 http://tadvancesite.com/brilliant-eyes-serum-uk/
- 6 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 7 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 8 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 11 Budget NYC hotel
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 14 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 17 San Francisco and Napa
- 18 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 19 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 20 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 21 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 22 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 23 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 24 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 25 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship