Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Desert Southwest
- 2 Thinking of moving from Boston to San Diego
- 3 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 4 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 5 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 6 Steamboat in August
- 7 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 8 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 9 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 12 Napa valley getaway
- 13 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 14 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 15 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 18 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 19 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 20 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 21 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 22 Extended weekend beach get away
- 23 Parking US OPEN
- 24 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 25 GPS app without data