Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://topmuscleuptips.com/lumitact-g700-tactical-military-led-flashlight/
- 2 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 3 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 4 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 5 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 6 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 7 a tourist in DC this February
- 8 Springtime in Florida
- 9 Kings and Sequoia.
- 10 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 11 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 12 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 13 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 14 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 15 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 16 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 17 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 18 USA October 2016
- 19 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 20 Redwood National Forest
- 21 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 22 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 23 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 24 Uber and Miami
- 25 Renting a car in miami, fl