Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 2 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 3 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 4 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 5 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 6 Weekend in Chicago
- 7 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 8 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 9 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 10 Places to stay in Skagway
- 11 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 12 US Trip
- 13 flagstaff
- 14 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 15 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 16 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 18 Maui - luau question
- 19 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 20 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 21 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 22 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 23 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 24 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska