Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 6 Travel West Coast
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Wine Country Picnic
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 13 Road trip through the south
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 17 Myrtle Beach
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving