Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Camp in Maine
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 7 Travel West Coast
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Timeshare Nightmares
- 10 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 16 Brooklyn why?
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 19 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 20 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 21 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 5 week in US/Mexico
- 25 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches