Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 4 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 5 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 6 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 9 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 10 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 11 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 12 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 13 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 16 Question about Boulder area
- 17 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 18 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 19 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 20 Grand Canyon in March?
- 21 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 22 California Tour Groups?
- 23 Hotel near Public Theater
- 24 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 25 Warm and don't Drive