Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 2 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 3 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 4 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 5 Florida keys trip
- 6 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 7 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 10 Skagway
- 11 Retiring in NM?
- 12 Chicago to Charleston
- 13 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 16 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 17 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 20 Honeymoon out west.
- 21 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 22 Route Planning for East USA
- 23 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 24 Utah National Parks visit
- 25 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?