Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska