Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 2 NYC For The Day
- 3 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 4 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 5 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 6 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 7 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 8 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 11 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 12 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 13 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 US whole month of January where to
- 16 Need help nailing down the details
- 17 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 18 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 19 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 20 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 21 See Alaska by train
- 22 Telluride and Silverton
- 23 Planning Visit to Plains, GA
- 24 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 25 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation