Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 2 arizona rte 66
- 3 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 4 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 5 usa roadtrip
- 6 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 7 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 8 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 9 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 10 Where to live in the North East
- 11 Hawaii and...where?
- 12 Short Oregon Trip
- 13 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 14 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Another Great DC Trip
- 17 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 18 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 21 Chicago 2017
- 22 How much time in Badlands?
- 23 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 24 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 25 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill