Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 2 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 3 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 4 Uber availability on Long Island
- 5 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 6 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 7 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 8 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 9 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 10 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 11 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 12 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 13 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 14 Hawaii with older parents
- 15 Fort Myers Area
- 16 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 17 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 18 California/Yosemite
- 19 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 20 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 21 Road trip from MS to Bandera, TX
- 22 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 23 Fall in Ozarks
- 24 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017