Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Can-Am Duel 2017 race 1 Live
- 2 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Carmel Monterey
- 6 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 7 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 8 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 15 Arches Devils Garden
- 16 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 17 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 18 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 19 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 20 best health clubs with lap pools
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 universal studios and disney
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 Spring Break @ Big Bend