Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 3 Colorado Itinerary
- 4 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 5 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 6 What is there to do on MAUI
- 7 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 8 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 9 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 10 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 11 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 12 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 13 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 14 Any Sanibel experts?
- 15 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 16 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 17 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 18 Uber boston
- 19 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 20 Hawaii Help
- 21 Summer in Michigan
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 23 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 24 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 25 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii