Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 2 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 5 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 6 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 7 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 8 IAH to HOU Questions
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 11 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 12 Jazzfest side trips
- 13 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 14 March in New Mexico
- 15 No Spam this morning!!
- 16 San Francisco transit options
- 17 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 18 Ideas for New York
- 19 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 20 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 21 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 22 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 23 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 24 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 25 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)