Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 2 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 3 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 4 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 5 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 6 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 7 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 8 Pittsburgh Trip
- 9 10 days in Arizona
- 10 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 11 Parking fine
- 12 Berkshires with a toddler
- 13 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 14 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 15 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 16 My Maine Trip Report
- 17 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 18 hilicopter tour oahu
- 19 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 20 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 21 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 22 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 23 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 24 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 25 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights