Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Weekend in NYC
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 8 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Washington DC in Spring?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 New York, New York...
- 16 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 17 trains in Europe
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 23 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals