Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 Help me make a scentific research about American sheriffs
- 3 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 4 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 5 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 6 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 7 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 9 Newport, RI Questions
- 10 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 11 Around North America (cruise)
- 12 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 13 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 14 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 15 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 16 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 19 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 20 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 21 Boston and surrounding area
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 24 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times