Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 4 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 5 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 6 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 7 Page, AZ area
- 8 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 9 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 10 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 11 Traveling Alone
- 12 Northern California Redwoods
- 13 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 14 Redwoods National Park
- 15 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 16 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 17 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 18 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 19 New Mexico in May
- 20 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 21 New Years Eve in NYC
- 22 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 23 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Yellowstone
- 25 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR