Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 2 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 3 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 4 North Carolina Coast
- 5 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 6 myrtle beach
- 7 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 8 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 9 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 12 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 13 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 14 NYC with wheelchair
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 17 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 18 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 19 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 20 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 21 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 22 New Orleans logistics
- 23 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field