Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 2 Trip to northern California
- 3 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 4 First Trip to Texas -
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 7 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 8 5 days in Colorado
- 9 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 10 Washington DC with kids
- 11 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 12 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 13 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 16 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 17 Sedona for a Month
- 18 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 19 Alaska -public transport
- 20 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 21 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 22 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 23 Southwest road trip
- 24 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 25 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?