Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My CA itinerary
- 2 PHL to SEA
- 3 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 4 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 5 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 6 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 7 Hotels Houston
- 8 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 9 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 10 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 11 Maui - best hotels/condos with good snorkeling right at the hotel
- 12 Auto train tips?
- 13 Nashville 2016
- 14 Recent reports on Kapoho & Wai'Ope snorkeling or water conditions?
- 15 I40 East in November
- 16 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 17 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 18 Asbury Park, NJ area help
- 19 Big Island Itinerary Feedback
- 20 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 21 Newark Airport Hotel for a day
- 22 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 23 Grand Canyon to LA
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Two days and no car in San francisco