Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 2 Sedona to Vegas
- 3 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 4 Traveling with an infant
- 5 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 6 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 7 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 8 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.
- 9 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 10 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 11 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 12 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 13 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 14 Yosemite Hike
- 15 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 16 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 17 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 18 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 19 Across country drive
- 20 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 21 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 22 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 23 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 24 3rd Attempt - Road Trip Utah June 2016
- 25 2017 Yellowstone or bust