Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 2 NYC with 8 yr old
- 3 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 4 Miami and New Orleans
- 5 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 6 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 7 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 8 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 9 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 10 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 11 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 12 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 13 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 14 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 15 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 16 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 17 stopping off I 81 South
- 18 Boston Restaurants - suggestions please
- 19 24 hours in Boston - Where to eat?
- 20 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 21 United Nations tours
- 22 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 23 Relocating?
- 24 Advice on tipping
- 25 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons