Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 2 Hotel in Miami and parking ?
- 3 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 4 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 5 Kauai: Is two nights enough?
- 6 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 7 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 11 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 12 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 13 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 14 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 15 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 16 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 17 New Orleans
- 18 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!
- 19 Texas, Arkansas or Smokey Mountains during Christmas break?
- 20 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 21 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 22 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 23 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 24 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 25 Baytown, Texas