Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 Alaska Trip Planning
- 4 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 5 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 6 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 7 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 8 New York City-New Things?
- 9 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 10 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 11 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 12 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 13 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 14 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 15 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 16 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 17 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 18 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 19 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 20 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 21 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 22 Kid School Admission
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 Southern Alabama trip report