Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Biloxi questions again
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed