Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 10 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 12 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Denver in a half day
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 17 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 18 Oahu ideas
- 19 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 20 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 25 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC