Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.strongtesterone.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 Finest Gaming Mouse Pad
- 3 Santa Fe Itineray
- 4 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 5 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 6 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 7 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 8 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 9 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!
- 10 Boston area hotels
- 11 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 12 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 13 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 14 Miami for 2 days
- 15 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 16 Great Falls or Helena?
- 17 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 18 What to request?
- 19 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 20 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 21 What to see in Portland
- 22 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 23 How much cash do you travel with?
- 24 More problems for Big Sur
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas