Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 2 Vegas in mid may
- 3 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 4 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 7 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 8 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 9 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 10 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 11 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 12 Maui with tweens/teens - looking for activities
- 13 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 14 from Moab to Bryce
- 15 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 16 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 19 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 20 Hana from the aiport
- 21 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 24 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 25 Big Island touring – clockwise best?