I am looking for help and guidance. All my holidays have only ever been All Inclusive to Europe so this is something very new for me! And am starting to seriously plan my trip.
What I want to do is fly in to Miami then drive to New York before flying home. Im looking at coming for 2 and a bit weeks to do this in. I would like to do all the normal 'tourist' things (Miami, Universal, Disney, Kennedy Space Centre, Washington, New York etc)
Does any one have any advice how many days I should spend in each town. Also I have no idea about how much motels on route would cost? It would be good to know so I can budget - what am I typically looking at per night? (it will be me and my partner so 2 adults and we would like to stay in 'decent' accommodation)
The plan is to come mid September this year and hire a car. I did look at hiring a RV and staying in that but that does look quite expensive (but without knowing how much I am looking at for accommodation if we were to drive I'm not sure which is the best idea?)
I just want to experience as much as I can but dont want to kill ourselves driving.
Any help any one can give me to start to plan my trip would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Lucy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 2 Week in Colorado
- 3 Is this a new record for spam?
- 4 Nashville Public Transportation
- 5 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 6 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 7 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 8 Cape Cod visit in August
- 9 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 10 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 11 Ferry to Nantucket
- 12 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 13 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 14 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 15 BYOB in New York City
- 16 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 17 Sedona to Vegas
- 18 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 19 48 Hours in NYC
- 20 Northern California 13-day Itinerary
- 21 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 22 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 23 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 24 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 25 Sedona - Jeep Tours