I am looking for help and guidance. All my holidays have only ever been All Inclusive to Europe so this is something very new for me! And am starting to seriously plan my trip.
What I want to do is fly in to Miami then drive to New York before flying home. Im looking at coming for 2 and a bit weeks to do this in. I would like to do all the normal 'tourist' things (Miami, Universal, Disney, Kennedy Space Centre, Washington, New York etc)
Does any one have any advice how many days I should spend in each town. Also I have no idea about how much motels on route would cost? It would be good to know so I can budget - what am I typically looking at per night? (it will be me and my partner so 2 adults and we would like to stay in 'decent' accommodation)
The plan is to come mid September this year and hire a car. I did look at hiring a RV and staying in that but that does look quite expensive (but without knowing how much I am looking at for accommodation if we were to drive I'm not sure which is the best idea?)
I just want to experience as much as I can but dont want to kill ourselves driving.
Any help any one can give me to start to plan my trip would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Lucy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 2 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 3 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 4 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 5 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 6 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 7 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 8 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 9 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 14 Alaska cruise
- 15 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 16 Sonoma
- 17 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 18 New Orleans
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 21 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 22 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 23 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 24 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 25 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake