On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 2 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 3 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 4 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 5 Family Trip advice please?!
- 6 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 7 Crime and Law in Jefferson County MO
- 8 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 9 Mesa Airlines Reservation Number, Cheap Flight Tickets
- 10 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 11 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 12 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 13 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 14 Get Near to Orlando’s best!
- 15 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 16 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 17 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 18 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 19 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 20 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 21 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 22 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 23 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 24 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 25 Roadtrippin on Route 66