On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 2 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 3 Any Sanibel experts?
- 4 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 5 Colorado Itinerary
- 6 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 7 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 8 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 9 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 10 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 11 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 12 Uber boston
- 13 What is there to do on MAUI
- 14 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 15 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 16 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 17 Hawaii Help
- 18 Summer in Michigan
- 19 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 20 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 21 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 22 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 23 Rafting the Colorado
- 24 Glacier National Park
- 25 5 nights stay RMNP