On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Driving in Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle