On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Driving in Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 2 Kennedy Space Center
- 3 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 6 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 7 5 week in US/Mexico
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 20 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 21 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 22 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 23 Jersey City Parking
- 24 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 25 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu