On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Novel in Progress
- 2 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 7 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 8 Short Notice
- 9 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 10 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 13 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 14 Inn at Key West
- 15 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 16 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 17 Black History Museum
- 18 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 19 Another Great DC Trip
- 20 Chicago 2017
- 21 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 22 arizona rte 66
- 23 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 24 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 25 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018