On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reluminize
- 2 Jazzfest side trips
- 3 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 6 Miami
- 7 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Driving Alaska
- 10 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 11 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 12 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 March in New Mexico
- 15 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 16 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 17 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 18 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 19 Border crossing
- 20 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 21 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 22 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 23 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 24 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 25 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"