On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 2 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 3 Sedona to Vegas
- 4 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 5 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 6 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 7 "Formal" dinner in NYC?
- 8 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 9 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 10 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 11 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 12 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 San Fran
- 15 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 16 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 17 Seattle?
- 18 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 19 SF and northern California - October
- 20 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 21 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 22 Alabama trip in Dec
- 23 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 24 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?