On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Driving in Vermont
- 1 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 2 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 3 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 4 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 5 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 6 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 7 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 8 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 9 Using public transit in San Diego
- 10 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 11 Seward to Anchorage
- 12 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 13 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 14 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 15 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 16 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 17 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 18 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 19 Car trip from Seattle
- 20 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 21 Newport, RI Questions
- 22 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 23 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 24 Savannah restaurants
- 25 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG