On Oct 15, my husband and I will be driving from Newport, RI up to Woodstock by way of Historical Deerfield in MA. taking 2 days to do so. We had planned on spending the night in Wilmington, VT before heading up Rte 100 to Woodstock.. It now appears that this may not be possible - roads out because of Irene. We don't want to travel on major roads - small towns and beautiful foliage are what we want to see.
Can anyone suggest an alternate route assuming Rte 100 is not ready. And perhaps suggest a place where we might spend the night. I know we're two weeks out, but we should have plan B ready to go. (We're visiting from Melbourne, Australia).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 2 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 3 Sonoma
- 4 Northwest Passage
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 Alaska cruise
- 9 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 10 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 11 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 12 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 101 closure
- 15 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 20 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 21 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 22 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 23 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 24 New Orleans
- 25 Kentucky Derby Shuttle