We're thinking about driving this summer from SE Virginia to Milwaukee for business (but taking kids and sitter too) for my husband (he works for Northwestern). We'll stop in Chicago to visit friends. We know nothing about WI. Are there any reasonable places to stay in Milwaukee? We're B&B fans but would consider anything decent that is $100 or less, if that is possible. While we're up there, what would be within a few hours drive that we should see? We're not into shopping or really touristy places and love hiking and culture (sports are fun too). Kids are 3 and 5 and sitter is Dutch so she'll love the culture. Really think this will be our 2006 vacation so we may as well see / experience some areas of the country that we have not. Also, is it worth driving any particularly scenic routes there or back? Thanks!
Driving from Va to Milwaukee - need help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?