We're thinking about driving this summer from SE Virginia to Milwaukee for business (but taking kids and sitter too) for my husband (he works for Northwestern). We'll stop in Chicago to visit friends. We know nothing about WI. Are there any reasonable places to stay in Milwaukee? We're B&B fans but would consider anything decent that is $100 or less, if that is possible. While we're up there, what would be within a few hours drive that we should see? We're not into shopping or really touristy places and love hiking and culture (sports are fun too). Kids are 3 and 5 and sitter is Dutch so she'll love the culture. Really think this will be our 2006 vacation so we may as well see / experience some areas of the country that we have not. Also, is it worth driving any particularly scenic routes there or back? Thanks!
Driving from Va to Milwaukee - need help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 5 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 9 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.