We're thinking about driving this summer from SE Virginia to Milwaukee for business (but taking kids and sitter too) for my husband (he works for Northwestern). We'll stop in Chicago to visit friends. We know nothing about WI. Are there any reasonable places to stay in Milwaukee? We're B&B fans but would consider anything decent that is $100 or less, if that is possible. While we're up there, what would be within a few hours drive that we should see? We're not into shopping or really touristy places and love hiking and culture (sports are fun too). Kids are 3 and 5 and sitter is Dutch so she'll love the culture. Really think this will be our 2006 vacation so we may as well see / experience some areas of the country that we have not. Also, is it worth driving any particularly scenic routes there or back? Thanks!
Driving from Va to Milwaukee - need help
View all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 7 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 San Antonio
- 10 hotel near Met NYC
- 11 Key West on NYE
- 12 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 13 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 14 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 15 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 22 Oahu Information
- 23 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 24 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 25 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?