My husband and I will be driving from DFW to Richmond, VA in mid-January. (It's not a vacation, so dates cannot change.) Since both of us are native Texans, we have very little experience with driving in snow, etc. Will the interstate highways be clear, or do we need to get snow chains, etc? Also, which route past Knoxville, TN will have less snow/ice: north through Roanoke, VA or south through Greensboro, NC? We can also take I-20 through GA, SC and NC. Would that be better?
Driving from TX to VA in January
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 2 Key Largo, FL
- 3 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 4 Death Valley in June
- 5 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 11 San Diego grocery stores
- 12 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 13 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 West Coast Bound End of March
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 18 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 19 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 20 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 21 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 22 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 23 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 24 Best places to move to Florida?
- 25 Juneau May 8th