We're sure there's plenty of people out there with some good ideas for us.
We are just beginning to plan our trip. Probably should have started this a year ago.
We will be driving and have about 8 weeks. We would like to start in late August or Sept.
Our interests are hiking, biking-relatively flat areas-a little fishing, a white water rafting trip,
about 50% tent camping, and visiting small towns and out of the way places.
We for sure would like to see Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon.
Any suggestions at all will really be appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 2 San Francisco California
- 3 September Road Trip in New England
- 4 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 5 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 6 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 7 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 8 NYC with 8 yr old
- 9 Miami and New Orleans
- 10 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 11 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 12 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 13 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 14 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 15 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 16 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 17 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 19 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 stopping off I 81 South
- 22 Boston Restaurants - suggestions please
- 23 24 hours in Boston - Where to eat?
- 24 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 25 United Nations tours