My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philly Itinerary Help
- 2 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 3 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 4 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 5 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 6 Costco Travel
- 7 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 8 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 9 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 10 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 11 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 12 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 13 USA family tour
- 14 Country Walkers
- 15 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
- 16 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 17 BWI to Gaylord National Harbor
- 18 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 19 Sacramento Hotel
- 20 Road trip Missoula mt. to walla walla WA
- 21 4 days road trip southern New England
- 22 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170321152505