My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 2 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 3 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 4 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 5 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 6 Hiking 'the wave'
- 7 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 8 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 9 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 10 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 11 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 12 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 13 las vegas anyone
- 14 Restaurant Help Needed
- 15 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 16 Foliage in Vermont
- 17 las vegas anyone
- 18 Finding Steve Perry
- 19 Grand Canyon
- 20 Washington DC
- 21 New England itinerary help
- 22 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 23 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 24 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 25 Columbia River Gorge