My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 2 Road trip
- 3 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 4 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 5 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 6 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 7 Getting married to a French man
- 8 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 9 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 10 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 11 Cable Cars/Trolleys
- 12 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 13 Staying outside DC
- 14 Phantom Ranch and....
- 15 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 16 Where to visit
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 19 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 20 Great OR beach house locations?
- 21 Lower Manhattan Late Night Eats
- 22 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 23 New York in December
- 24 Need a "Suites" hotel in Midtown Manhattan
- 25 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion