My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 2 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 3 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 4 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 5 arizona rte 66
- 6 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 7 usa roadtrip
- 8 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 9 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 10 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 11 Where to live in the North East
- 12 Hawaii and...where?
- 13 Short Oregon Trip
- 14 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Another Great DC Trip
- 17 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 18 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 21 Chicago 2017
- 22 How much time in Badlands?
- 23 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 24 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 25 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill