My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 2 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 3 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 4 Seaside, California
- 5 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 6 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 7 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 8 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 9 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 10 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 11 Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 13 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 14 What car service?
- 15 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 16 Denali
- 17 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 18 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 19 Maine in May?
- 20 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 21 New Years Eve in NYC
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 24 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 25 Cruise Ship Schedule by City