My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Route 66
- 2 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 3 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 4 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 5 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 6 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 7 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 8 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 9 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 10 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 12 Northern California Gardens.
- 13 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 14 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 15 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 Florida with a 2 year old
- 18 Train from east cost to west coast
- 19 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 22 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 25 Arches or Zion?