My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Driving from Seattle to San Fran, Oregon emphasis?
- 1 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 2 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 3 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 4 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 12 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 13 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 14 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 15 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 16 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 17 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 18 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 21 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 22 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 25 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?