My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://trexmusclesite.com/ak-garcinia-slim/
- 2 Key West luxury hotels
- 3 Trip to USA in July
- 4 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 5 Florida vacation
- 6 Best Place to Stay in South Beach
- 7 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 8 iMold US Water Damage & Mold Removal Service
- 9 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 10 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 11 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 12 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 13 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 14 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 15 I95
- 16 Florida keys trip
- 17 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 18 Wine Country
- 19 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 20 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 21 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 22 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Nashville Never Been
- 25 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1