My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 AOL Customer Support Number @+-(1800-681-7208)@AOL tech support
- 3 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 4 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 5 Metropolitan Movers Newmarket GTA North
- 6 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 7 A great gift for various occasions
- 8 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 9 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 10 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 11 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 12 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 13 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 14 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 15 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 16 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 17 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 18 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 19 road trip
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 22 Florida in October
- 23 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 24 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 25 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?