My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 4 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 5 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 6 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 7 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 11 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 12 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 15 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 16 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 17 limited mobility for Savannah
- 18 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 19 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 20 Northwest Passage
- 21 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 22 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 23 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 24 Northwest Car Trip
- 25 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ