We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 2 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 3 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 4 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 9 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 New Orleans help please
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 los angeles restaurants
- 18 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 19 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 20 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 21 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 22 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 23 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 24 NW Houston restaurant help
- 25 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary