We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with this
- 2 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 5 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 6 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 7 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 8 New Orleans
- 9 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 10 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 11 Oregon road trip
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 14 Weather in Chicago
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day