We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 5 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 6 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 7 Clearwater FL area
- 8 Los Angeles day trips
- 9 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 10 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 11 trip advice from TN to TX
- 12 san diego or nearby area
- 13 middlebury vt snow
- 14 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 15 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 16 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 17 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 18 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 19 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 20 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 21 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 22 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 23 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 24 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 25 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway