We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 2 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 3 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 4 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 5 Miami and New Orleans
- 6 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 7 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Florida Family vacation in California
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 14 September Road Trip in New England
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 NYC with 8 yr old
- 17 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 18 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 19 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 20 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 21 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 22 San Francisco California
- 23 Louisville in December
- 24 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 25 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?