We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 2 How many states have you been to?
- 3 Chicago to Charleston
- 4 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 5 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 6 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 7 Honeymoon out west.
- 8 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 9 USA, Trip to the south
- 10 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 12 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 13 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 14 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 17 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 18 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 19 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 20 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 21 Big Sure in June
- 22 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 23 Santa Fe Itineray
- 24 Roadtrip July 2017
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?