We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 3 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 4 Help us choose a hotel
- 5 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 6 Staying outside DC
- 7 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 8 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 9 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 10 Ideas for New York
- 11 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 12 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 13 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 14 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 15 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 16 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 17 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 18 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 19 New York in December
- 20 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 23 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 24 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 25 Suggestions for a Week in Portland