We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 2 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 3 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 4 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 5 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 6 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 7 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 8 What to do in San Diego
- 9 Our Boston Getaway
- 10 http://www.getsunergetics.com/elysian-natural-daily-revitalizer/
- 11 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 12 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 13 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 14 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 15 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 What to do in New York?
- 18 When do school start again in August?
- 19 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 20 Disney for Florida residents
- 21 Yosemite
- 22 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 23 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 24 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 25 Must Sees in San Francisco