We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 2 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 3 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 4 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 5 http://www.supplementsbag.com/nu-youth-cream/
- 6 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 7 Four Seasons Austin HALF-OFF
- 8 http://www.supplementsbag.com/dermavie/
- 9 http://topmuscleuptips.com/lumitact-g700-tactical-military-led-flashlight/
- 10 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 11 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 12 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 13 a tourist in DC this February
- 14 Springtime in Florida
- 15 Kings and Sequoia.
- 16 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 17 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 18 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 19 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 20 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 21 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 22 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 23 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 24 USA October 2016
- 25 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?