We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 6 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Trinity Site, NM
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 12 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California