We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Increases in the productivity level
- 2 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 3 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 4 Beautiful Skin Starts ==>> http://topmuscleuptips.com/tenderma/
- 5 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 6 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 7 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 8 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 9 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 10 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 11 Nashville Questions
- 12 Summer vacation
- 13 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 14 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 15 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 16 First Trip to Texas -
- 17 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 18 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 19 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 20 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 21 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 22 Driving to Naples fl
- 23 Beaches in Florida
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Disney for Florida residents