We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 2 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 3 Beach holiday with baby
- 4 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 5 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 6 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 7 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 8 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 9 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 10 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 11 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 12 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 13 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 14 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 15 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 16 Salt Lake City
- 17 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 18 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 19 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 20 Savannah GA
- 21 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 22 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 23 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 24 Seattle hotels
- 25 Things to do around New York