We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philly Itinerary Help
- 2 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 3 Costco Travel
- 4 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 5 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 6 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 7 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 8 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 9 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 10 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 11 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 12 USA family tour
- 13 Country Walkers
- 14 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
- 15 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 16 BWI to Gaylord National Harbor
- 17 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 18 Sacramento Hotel
- 19 Road trip Missoula mt. to walla walla WA
- 20 4 days road trip southern New England
- 21 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 22 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 23 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170321152505
- 25 Baltimore Weekend