We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 2 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 3 Silverthorne
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 6 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 7 Highway 1 motels
- 8 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 9 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 10 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 11 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 12 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 13 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 14 San Antonio
- 15 11 days SE coast road trip
- 16 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 17 Getting around in NYC
- 18 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 19 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 20 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 21 Places to stay in TX...?
- 22 3.5 weeks in the Deep South
- 23 International student, applying for school
- 24 driving from LA to Portland
- 25 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?