We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to the Deep South
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 4 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 5 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 6 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 7 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 8 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 11 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 12 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 13 Seattle to San Francisco
- 14 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 15 San Francisco and Napa
- 16 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 17 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 18 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 19 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 20 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 21 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 22 Budget NYC hotel
- 23 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 24 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 25 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015