I plan to take a road trip from Orlando, Florida to somewhere in Louisiana early next year with my father in law. I'm thinking it would be a 5 day trip but I am willing to add a few days if needed.
My father in law lives in Miami and his hobby is fishing. So I am trying to map a route that would hug the coastline from Florida to Louisiana and stop in various areas where fishing is good or the culture or landmarks are special and warrant stopping. I'm willing to deviate from the coast if the landmark, history, or beauty of an area are exceptional.
I don't expect to stay in any particular area more than 1 night but would do so if it was worthwhile.
Additional areas of interest would be music or similar festivals that could be along the way and we want to take it slow and enjoy the natural scenery.
If you have any suggestions that you can pass along, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Driving from Orlando Florida to Louisiana
- 1 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 2 Biloxi questions again
- 3 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 4 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 5 San Antonio
- 6 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 7 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 8 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 9 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 10 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 11 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 12 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 15 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 17 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 18 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 19 Vero Beach FL
- 20 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 21 Question about Boulder area
- 22 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 23 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn