I plan to take a road trip from Orlando, Florida to somewhere in Louisiana early next year with my father in law. I'm thinking it would be a 5 day trip but I am willing to add a few days if needed.
My father in law lives in Miami and his hobby is fishing. So I am trying to map a route that would hug the coastline from Florida to Louisiana and stop in various areas where fishing is good or the culture or landmarks are special and warrant stopping. I'm willing to deviate from the coast if the landmark, history, or beauty of an area are exceptional.
I don't expect to stay in any particular area more than 1 night but would do so if it was worthwhile.
Additional areas of interest would be music or similar festivals that could be along the way and we want to take it slow and enjoy the natural scenery.
If you have any suggestions that you can pass along, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Driving from Orlando Florida to Louisiana
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 2 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 3 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 4 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 5 Backpacking in April
- 6 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 replica designer handbags
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Cape Cod in early April
- 13 USA with a 3 year old
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 united and carry-ons
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Portland Maine Hotels
- 18 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 21 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 25 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife