I plan to take a road trip from Orlando, Florida to somewhere in Louisiana early next year with my father in law. I'm thinking it would be a 5 day trip but I am willing to add a few days if needed.
My father in law lives in Miami and his hobby is fishing. So I am trying to map a route that would hug the coastline from Florida to Louisiana and stop in various areas where fishing is good or the culture or landmarks are special and warrant stopping. I'm willing to deviate from the coast if the landmark, history, or beauty of an area are exceptional.
I don't expect to stay in any particular area more than 1 night but would do so if it was worthwhile.
Additional areas of interest would be music or similar festivals that could be along the way and we want to take it slow and enjoy the natural scenery.
If you have any suggestions that you can pass along, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 2 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 3 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 4 March in New Mexico
- 5 buy tank tops
- 6 Driving Alaska
- 7 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 8 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 9 Back from the Big Easy
- 10 Border crossing
- 11 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 14 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 15 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 16 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 17 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 18 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 19 Cross country tips
- 20 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 21 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 22 Ideas for New York
- 23 Parka in PA during February?
- 24 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 25 Sedona v Scottsdale?