I plan to take a road trip from Orlando, Florida to somewhere in Louisiana early next year with my father in law. I'm thinking it would be a 5 day trip but I am willing to add a few days if needed.
My father in law lives in Miami and his hobby is fishing. So I am trying to map a route that would hug the coastline from Florida to Louisiana and stop in various areas where fishing is good or the culture or landmarks are special and warrant stopping. I'm willing to deviate from the coast if the landmark, history, or beauty of an area are exceptional.
I don't expect to stay in any particular area more than 1 night but would do so if it was worthwhile.
Additional areas of interest would be music or similar festivals that could be along the way and we want to take it slow and enjoy the natural scenery.
If you have any suggestions that you can pass along, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 2 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 4 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 5 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 6 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 7 US Trip
- 8 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 9 Bryce and Zion planning
- 10 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 11 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 12 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 13 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 14 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 15 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 16 Ohio to NYC
- 17 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 18 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 19 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 20 4 days road trip southern New England
- 21 Philly Itinerary Help
- 22 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 23 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 24 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 25 Boston Restaurant suggestion