I plan to take a road trip from Orlando, Florida to somewhere in Louisiana early next year with my father in law. I'm thinking it would be a 5 day trip but I am willing to add a few days if needed.
My father in law lives in Miami and his hobby is fishing. So I am trying to map a route that would hug the coastline from Florida to Louisiana and stop in various areas where fishing is good or the culture or landmarks are special and warrant stopping. I'm willing to deviate from the coast if the landmark, history, or beauty of an area are exceptional.
I don't expect to stay in any particular area more than 1 night but would do so if it was worthwhile.
Additional areas of interest would be music or similar festivals that could be along the way and we want to take it slow and enjoy the natural scenery.
If you have any suggestions that you can pass along, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Driving from Orlando Florida to Louisiana
- 1 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 2 Albuquerque to Denver
- 3 Boston Area College Tour
- 4 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 5 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 6 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 7 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 8 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 11 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 12 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 13 D.C. in a day
- 14 Door County
- 15 10 Days in Maine
- 16 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 17 Using public transit in San Diego
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 20 A Visit to Charleston
- 21 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 22 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 23 Help with NYC transit
- 24 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 25 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)