I plan to take a road trip from Orlando, Florida to somewhere in Louisiana early next year with my father in law. I'm thinking it would be a 5 day trip but I am willing to add a few days if needed.
My father in law lives in Miami and his hobby is fishing. So I am trying to map a route that would hug the coastline from Florida to Louisiana and stop in various areas where fishing is good or the culture or landmarks are special and warrant stopping. I'm willing to deviate from the coast if the landmark, history, or beauty of an area are exceptional.
I don't expect to stay in any particular area more than 1 night but would do so if it was worthwhile.
Additional areas of interest would be music or similar festivals that could be along the way and we want to take it slow and enjoy the natural scenery.
If you have any suggestions that you can pass along, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 2 Adirondacks trip repot
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 5 Venice, CA area
- 6 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 7 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 8 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 9 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 10 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 11 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 12 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 13 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 14 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 15 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 16 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 17 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 18 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 19 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 20 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 21 Rhode Island Get Away
- 22 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 23 Vancouver to Washington State
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old