I plan to drive from Midland, MI to Chicago. Most maps suggest driving west from Midland toward South Heaven, MI. It seems there is a long drive along the Lake. The view I am sure is beautiful but I'd rather get to the destination as fast as I can. Can I drive 60-70 mph along the Lake or this is one of those scenic drives that everyone goes 10-20 mph? Which route do you suggest to be the fastest to get to Chicago? Thanks a bunch
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 2 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 3 Alabama trip in Dec
- 4 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 5 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 6 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 7 SF and northern California - October
- 8 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 9 November redwoods trip
- 10 Yellowstone
- 11 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 12 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 13 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 14 costco Big island
- 15 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 16 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 17 Which island for R&R?
- 18 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 19 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 20 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 21 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 22 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 25 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy