I am driving at the end of May (memorial day weekend) from Dallas Texas area to relocate back to Orange County California. I have two cars, an 85 pound Rottie and a 13 year old cat - they will be in different cars. My 17 year old daughter and her friend are driving one car and I will be in the other.
We are planning on leaving early on a Sat and making it all the way to Albuquerque.I have reservations right off the 40 at a pet friendly place - so I think we are good if we can make it all the way that day.
It is almost a 12 hour drive from ABQ to Orange County... I am not sure if I can pull it off with the stops for the dog etc... thoughts on where to stop on that second day ? I would like to make reservations (that can be canceled) in case we are fried...
We could do something fun and drive to Vegas (8.5 hours) but I am not sure if we are up for "fun" anyway...? And head to OC from Vegas... I have done that drive a ton...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 2 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 3 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 4 Bucket List
- 5 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 6 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 7 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 8 48 Hours in NYC
- 9 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 10 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 11 Colorado Hiking in September
- 12 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 13 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 14 The District by Hilton Club
- 15 Which island for teens
- 16 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 17 driving RT 66
- 18 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 19 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 20 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 21 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 22 Acadia National Park
- 23 Paris on my own
- 24 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 25 Yellowstone - places to stay