I am driving at the end of May (memorial day weekend) from Dallas Texas area to relocate back to Orange County California. I have two cars, an 85 pound Rottie and a 13 year old cat - they will be in different cars. My 17 year old daughter and her friend are driving one car and I will be in the other.
We are planning on leaving early on a Sat and making it all the way to Albuquerque.I have reservations right off the 40 at a pet friendly place - so I think we are good if we can make it all the way that day.
It is almost a 12 hour drive from ABQ to Orange County... I am not sure if I can pull it off with the stops for the dog etc... thoughts on where to stop on that second day ? I would like to make reservations (that can be canceled) in case we are fried...
We could do something fun and drive to Vegas (8.5 hours) but I am not sure if we are up for "fun" anyway...? And head to OC from Vegas... I have done that drive a ton...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 2 help me plan a Cali trip
- 3 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 4 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 5 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 6 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 7 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 8 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 9 Mesa Verde question
- 10 Planning our Move
- 11 Wilmington DE questions
- 12 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 14 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 15 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 16 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 17 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 18 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 19 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 20 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 21 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 22 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 23 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 24 Hotel advise Chicago
- 25 Maui and Kauai