I am driving at the end of May (memorial day weekend) from Dallas Texas area to relocate back to Orange County California. I have two cars, an 85 pound Rottie and a 13 year old cat - they will be in different cars. My 17 year old daughter and her friend are driving one car and I will be in the other.
We are planning on leaving early on a Sat and making it all the way to Albuquerque.I have reservations right off the 40 at a pet friendly place - so I think we are good if we can make it all the way that day.
It is almost a 12 hour drive from ABQ to Orange County... I am not sure if I can pull it off with the stops for the dog etc... thoughts on where to stop on that second day ? I would like to make reservations (that can be canceled) in case we are fried...
We could do something fun and drive to Vegas (8.5 hours) but I am not sure if we are up for "fun" anyway...? And head to OC from Vegas... I have done that drive a ton...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 3 Downtown Chicago
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 6 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 7 Safety Concerns
- 8 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 11 What to do in San Diego
- 12 Nashville
- 13 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 14 Beaches in Florida
- 15 fort lauderdale
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 First Trip to Texas -
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 20 5 days in Colorado
- 21 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?