I am driving at the end of May (memorial day weekend) from Dallas Texas area to relocate back to Orange County California. I have two cars, an 85 pound Rottie and a 13 year old cat - they will be in different cars. My 17 year old daughter and her friend are driving one car and I will be in the other.
We are planning on leaving early on a Sat and making it all the way to Albuquerque.I have reservations right off the 40 at a pet friendly place - so I think we are good if we can make it all the way that day.
It is almost a 12 hour drive from ABQ to Orange County... I am not sure if I can pull it off with the stops for the dog etc... thoughts on where to stop on that second day ? I would like to make reservations (that can be canceled) in case we are fried...
We could do something fun and drive to Vegas (8.5 hours) but I am not sure if we are up for "fun" anyway...? And head to OC from Vegas... I have done that drive a ton...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - California Road Trip with Teens
- 2 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 3 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 4 a short trip to san francisco
- 5 San Francisco first visit.
- 6 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 7 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 8 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 9 Wine Country
- 10 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 11 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 12 I95
- 13 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 14 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 15 What streets are safest to live on in the French Quarter?
- 16 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 17 Uber boston
- 18 Pt Everglades to fll
- 19 Change planes in Atlanta
- 20 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 21 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 22 Restaurants in Mesa
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 Advice for RV Touring with Baby.
- 25 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017