I am driving at the end of May (memorial day weekend) from Dallas Texas area to relocate back to Orange County California. I have two cars, an 85 pound Rottie and a 13 year old cat - they will be in different cars. My 17 year old daughter and her friend are driving one car and I will be in the other.
We are planning on leaving early on a Sat and making it all the way to Albuquerque.I have reservations right off the 40 at a pet friendly place - so I think we are good if we can make it all the way that day.
It is almost a 12 hour drive from ABQ to Orange County... I am not sure if I can pull it off with the stops for the dog etc... thoughts on where to stop on that second day ? I would like to make reservations (that can be canceled) in case we are fried...
We could do something fun and drive to Vegas (8.5 hours) but I am not sure if we are up for "fun" anyway...? And head to OC from Vegas... I have done that drive a ton...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 2 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 3 Personal Safety At Cabins4Crew The Best Accommodation Near Heathrow Airport
- 4 https://healthyboosterspro.com/hl12-supplement
- 5 Michigan Auto Law
- 6 No Spam this morning!!
- 7 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 8 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 9 Are you searching used car site?
- 10 Ideas for New York
- 11 Great OR beach house locations?
- 12 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 13 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 14 Honeymoon on PCH
- 15 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 16 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 17 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 18 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 19 San Francisco transit options
- 20 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 21 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 22 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 23 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 24 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 25 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?