I am driving at the end of May (memorial day weekend) from Dallas Texas area to relocate back to Orange County California. I have two cars, an 85 pound Rottie and a 13 year old cat - they will be in different cars. My 17 year old daughter and her friend are driving one car and I will be in the other.
We are planning on leaving early on a Sat and making it all the way to Albuquerque.I have reservations right off the 40 at a pet friendly place - so I think we are good if we can make it all the way that day.
It is almost a 12 hour drive from ABQ to Orange County... I am not sure if I can pull it off with the stops for the dog etc... thoughts on where to stop on that second day ? I would like to make reservations (that can be canceled) in case we are fried...
We could do something fun and drive to Vegas (8.5 hours) but I am not sure if we are up for "fun" anyway...? And head to OC from Vegas... I have done that drive a ton...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 2 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 3 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 4 Highway 1 motels
- 5 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 6 Mendocino Hiking
- 7 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 8 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 9 11 days SE coast road trip
- 10 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 11 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 12 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 13 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 14 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 15 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 16 Deep South sept 2015
- 17 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 18 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 19 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 20 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 21 Car Hire Alamo
- 22 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 23 International student, applying for school
- 24 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 25 Seattle - newby questions