My husband and I are plannning to drive from East Haddam, Connecticut to New York (Manhattan, 49th Street). We have never driven in that area and I was hoping to get some tips so we don't get lost or into too much trouble.
1. We are driving on Monday, October 10th, which is the Columbus Day holiday. There will be a Columbus Day Parade on 5th Avenue from around 11:30am. Any tips on the best route into Manhattan?
2. We are hoping to leave in the morning and reach Manhattan before the parade. Any suggestions on the time we should leave East Haddam to avoid traffic and get into Manhattan?
3. Any time estimates on how long it should take to drive from East Haddam to Manhattan?
Any other tips/suggestions are appreciated (ie, somewhere for breakfast along the way).
Driving from Connecticut to New York
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 5 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Biloxi questions again
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 11 Madison Square Garden
- 12 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 23 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 24 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 25 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans