We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 2 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 5 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 6 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 13 Philly
- 14 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 15 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 16 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 17 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 18 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 22 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 23 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 24 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 25 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny