We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 2 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 3 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 4 San Diego VRBO area
- 5 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 6 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 7 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 8 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 9 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 10 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 11 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 12 Colorado Shows Off
- 13 New England Tour
- 14 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 15 help me plan a Cali trip
- 16 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 17 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 18 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 19 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 20 Wilmington DE questions
- 21 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 22 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 23 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 24 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 25 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?