We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 2 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 3 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 4 Help me with this
- 5 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 6 Oregon road trip
- 7 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 8 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 9 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 10 Weather in Chicago
- 11 Long-Term Parking Options Philly Airport
- 12 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 13 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 14 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 17 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?