We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 2 Retiring in NM?
- 3 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 4 Paws 'N' Pups
- 5 Route Planning for East USA
- 6 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 7 Roller Coaster
- 8 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 9 Utah National Parks visit
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 14 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 15 universal studios and disney
- 16 Honeymoon out west.
- 17 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 18 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 19 Chicago to Charleston
- 20 How many states have you been to?
- 21 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 22 USA, Trip to the south
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Amtrack: Denver to California?
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?