We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 2 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 3 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 4 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 7 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 8 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 9 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 10 Boston Ideas
- 11 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 12 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 13 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 14 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 15 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 16 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 17 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 18 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 19 Lake Champlain, VT
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 22 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 23 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 24 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 25 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?