We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 2 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 3 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 4 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 5 DC restaurant report
- 6 Neue Galerie
- 7 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 8 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 9 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 12 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 13 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 14 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 15 Arizona in late January
- 16 A Few Days in Asheville
- 17 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 18 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 19 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 20 Key West
- 21 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 moving to Florida
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?