We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 2 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 3 First Trip to Texas -
- 4 New Hampshire
- 5 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 6 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 7 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 8 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 11 Beaches in Florida
- 12 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 13 Nashville Questions
- 14 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 15 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 16 Downtown Chicago
- 17 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 18 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 19 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 20 Charleston Hotel Question
- 21 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Driving to Naples fl
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?