We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 2 Florida beach vacation
- 3 Trip to USA in July
- 4 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 5 Beaches in Incline Village
- 6 Change planes in Atlanta
- 7 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 8 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 9 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 10 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 11 Key West luxury hotels
- 12 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 13 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 14 Coffee in Boston?
- 15 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 16 Florida vacation
- 17 Later Winter around Mobile
- 18 a short trip to san francisco
- 19 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 20 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 21 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 22 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 23 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 24 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 25 Spring Break National Park Visit
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?