We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 5 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 9 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 10 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 16 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 17 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 21 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Washington DC Metro
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,