We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 2 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 3 Sacramento Hotel
- 4 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 5 USA family tour
- 6 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 7 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 9 Philly Itinerary Help
- 10 4 days road trip southern New England
- 11 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 12 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 13 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 14 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 17 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 18 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 19 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 20 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 21 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 22 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 23 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 24 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 25 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?