We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 2 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 3 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 4 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 5 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 6 Christmas Napa Valley
- 7 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 8 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 9 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Phone SIM
- 12 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 13 Las vegas +21
- 14 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 15 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 16 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 17 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 18 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 19 Savanah Sojourn
- 20 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 21 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 22 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 23 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 24 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 25 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?