We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 charleston during Christmas Week
- 3 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 7 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 8 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 9 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 10 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 11 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 12 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 15 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 16 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 17 Key West Hotel in January
- 18 los angeles restaurants
- 19 West Maui Restaurants
- 20 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 21 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 22 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 23 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 24 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 25 San Diego Girl's Trip in December