I am planning on driving from New York to California and would like some advice as to what the best route would be to drive in order that I may stop along the way and see some great historical/interesting sights. Where would there be some great places (not too expensive please!) to stay, etc. I have about seven days to drive across. I am driving with a "friend" - so nothing too romantic!!! We want to spend as little money as possible! Thanks to anyone that can help me! -- Nancy Frank
driving cross country NY to CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 2 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 3 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 4 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 5 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 6 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 Berkshires in late October
- 9 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 10 Seattle: Something Different?
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 ONP help
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 18 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 19 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 22 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 23 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!