I am planning on driving from New York to California and would like some advice as to what the best route would be to drive in order that I may stop along the way and see some great historical/interesting sights. Where would there be some great places (not too expensive please!) to stay, etc. I have about seven days to drive across. I am driving with a "friend" - so nothing too romantic!!! We want to spend as little money as possible! Thanks to anyone that can help me! -- Nancy Frank
driving cross country NY to CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 18 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 19 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 20 Denver in a half day
- 21 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 22 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 23 Oahu ideas
- 24 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 25 driving from San Francisco to Seattle