Me and my partner are wanting to do a 3 month trip of the states. Our main area of interest ATM is the south. Especially Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Florida! As well as the rest. Our aim is to travel All of America. We're not so much interested in the west coast but we are interested in North West, Central and North East! We are essentially wanting to drive most of it but fly also when needed.
What we are wondering and hoping for is to get some info or even if anyone else has done the whole lot in one hit if we can get some advice and ideas! Lots of ideas and places to eat places to see etc
We are from Australia and both in the navy, and craving something different, a long holiday. We love the outdoors, music, food, my partner loves anything to do with sports I love history and culture, I badly want to go to small towns in the south and do lots of hiking and see beautiful scenery.
I am a passionate horse rider and would love to know some great places for trail riding! Beach rides or mountain rides anything at all.
We were looking at camping as well as staying in b&b's and hotel/motel.
So basically What we are wondering and hoping for is to get some info or even if anyone else has done the whole lot in one hit if we can get some advice and ideas! Lots of ideas and places to eat places to see etc
We have travelled a lot but never like this!
Driving and flying around the states in 3 months!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 3 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 4 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 5 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 6 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 7 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 Tipping advice
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 14 charleston during Christmas Week
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?