Me and my partner are wanting to do a 3 month trip of the states. Our main area of interest ATM is the south. Especially Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Florida! As well as the rest. Our aim is to travel All of America. We're not so much interested in the west coast but we are interested in North West, Central and North East! We are essentially wanting to drive most of it but fly also when needed.
What we are wondering and hoping for is to get some info or even if anyone else has done the whole lot in one hit if we can get some advice and ideas! Lots of ideas and places to eat places to see etc
We are from Australia and both in the navy, and craving something different, a long holiday. We love the outdoors, music, food, my partner loves anything to do with sports I love history and culture, I badly want to go to small towns in the south and do lots of hiking and see beautiful scenery.
I am a passionate horse rider and would love to know some great places for trail riding! Beach rides or mountain rides anything at all.
We were looking at camping as well as staying in b&b's and hotel/motel.
So basically What we are wondering and hoping for is to get some info or even if anyone else has done the whole lot in one hit if we can get some advice and ideas! Lots of ideas and places to eat places to see etc
We have travelled a lot but never like this!
Driving and flying around the states in 3 months!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Moving from VA to CT
- 3 New Orleans pictures
- 4 New York City in April
- 5 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 8 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 9 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 10 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 11 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 14 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 15 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 18 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 19 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 20 Dining in Manhattan
- 21 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 22 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 23 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 24 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 25 san fran sightseeing