Thanks for all the earlier replies!! Our trip is a bit clearer now. We're planning on getting into Anchorage around the 29th of april. Driving to Seward on the 30th. Then driving to Whittier on the 1st of may. After that, we're doing 2 nights in Talkeetna followed by a couple nights in anchorage before leaving for LA. Does this sound like a plan given that we can't change our travel dates to & from Alaska? My biggest concern is there being ice/snow on the roads. Please tell me those are unfounded concerns & we'll be pretty thriilled & rarin' to go!!! Looking forward to hearing from all who know!!
drive through alaska end-april to early-may
View all United States activity »
- 1 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 2 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 3 Oahu Information
- 4 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 7 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 8 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 9 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 10 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 13 One day in Washington DC
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 16 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 17 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 18 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 19 RIP Judy Rogers
- 20 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 21 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 22 Boston area
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 25 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay