Thanks for all the earlier replies!! Our trip is a bit clearer now. We're planning on getting into Anchorage around the 29th of april. Driving to Seward on the 30th. Then driving to Whittier on the 1st of may. After that, we're doing 2 nights in Talkeetna followed by a couple nights in anchorage before leaving for LA. Does this sound like a plan given that we can't change our travel dates to & from Alaska? My biggest concern is there being ice/snow on the roads. Please tell me those are unfounded concerns & we'll be pretty thriilled & rarin' to go!!! Looking forward to hearing from all who know!!
drive through alaska end-april to early-may
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 2 Where to go in Maine?
- 3 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 6 Washington, DC to Boston
- 7 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 10 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 12 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 13 rain in Kauai
- 14 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 San Diego Trip Report
- 20 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 21 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 22 NYC jazz with a minor
- 23 NYC Itinerary Help
- 24 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 25 5 week in US/Mexico