Thanks for all the earlier replies!! Our trip is a bit clearer now. We're planning on getting into Anchorage around the 29th of april. Driving to Seward on the 30th. Then driving to Whittier on the 1st of may. After that, we're doing 2 nights in Talkeetna followed by a couple nights in anchorage before leaving for LA. Does this sound like a plan given that we can't change our travel dates to & from Alaska? My biggest concern is there being ice/snow on the roads. Please tell me those are unfounded concerns & we'll be pretty thriilled & rarin' to go!!! Looking forward to hearing from all who know!!
drive through alaska end-april to early-may
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 5 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 6 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 10 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 11 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 12 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 13 Alaska
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 17 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 18 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 19 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 20 NYC theatre broadway
- 21 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 22 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 25 Restaurants in Charleston, SC