We have settled on our January fly drive, being Tybee Island (2 nights), Savannah (3 nights) then up towards the Smoky Mountains (4 nights).
We are trying to work out where is a good place to stay to break the drive up to Bryson, as i don't think we can drive the full distance without stopping.
Does anyone have any recommendations that would be around Spartanburg? Or is it better to slog for another hour and get to Asheville?
Drive, Savannah SC to Bryson, NC. Where to stay 1 night?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 2 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 3 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 4 Where to from Tampa?
- 5 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 9 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 10 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 11 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 12 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 13 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 16 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 17 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 18 Is the New York subway safe?
- 19 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 20 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 21 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 22 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 23 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 24 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 25 Skiing New Mexico