We have settled on our January fly drive, being Tybee Island (2 nights), Savannah (3 nights) then up towards the Smoky Mountains (4 nights).
We are trying to work out where is a good place to stay to break the drive up to Bryson, as i don't think we can drive the full distance without stopping.
Does anyone have any recommendations that would be around Spartanburg? Or is it better to slog for another hour and get to Asheville?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel Blog
- 2 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 3 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 4 AirBnB..Seattle..would you advise this for your Grandmother?
- 5 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 6 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 7 Itinerary Critique
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 10 NYC Trip report
- 11 A week in NYC - first timers
- 12 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 13 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 14 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 15 Canon beach lodging
- 16 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 17 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 18 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 19 FLA testing the waters
- 20 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 21 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 22 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 23 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 24 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 25 Boston restaurants