We have settled on our January fly drive, being Tybee Island (2 nights), Savannah (3 nights) then up towards the Smoky Mountains (4 nights).
We are trying to work out where is a good place to stay to break the drive up to Bryson, as i don't think we can drive the full distance without stopping.
Does anyone have any recommendations that would be around Spartanburg? Or is it better to slog for another hour and get to Asheville?
Drive, Savannah SC to Bryson, NC. Where to stay 1 night?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary opinions
- 2 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 3 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 4 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 5 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 6 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 7 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 8 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 9 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 10 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 11 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 New England in the fall
- 14 NYC Clubs for live music
- 15 relocating travel
- 16 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 17 Seattle Hyatts
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 23 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 24 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?