We have settled on our January fly drive, being Tybee Island (2 nights), Savannah (3 nights) then up towards the Smoky Mountains (4 nights).
We are trying to work out where is a good place to stay to break the drive up to Bryson, as i don't think we can drive the full distance without stopping.
Does anyone have any recommendations that would be around Spartanburg? Or is it better to slog for another hour and get to Asheville?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 2 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 3 Cape cod Labor Day
- 4 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 5 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 6 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 7 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 8 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 9 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 10 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 11 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 12 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 13 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 14 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 15 US Open Tennis
- 16 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 17 Hotels in San Diego
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 20 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 21 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 22 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 23 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 24 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 25 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork