My partner and I(30's) are driving from San Fran to LA in August. This is the itinerary we have come up with. Please provide suggestions/comments on whether we are staying in the right places (ie. beautiful town, well spread out on the route) or if there are other places we should stay at instead? We love beaches, beautiful scenery, cute towns and good food.
Day 1: San Fran-Carmel with stop over for lunch in Santa Cruz. Overnight in Carmel
Day 2: Carmel - SLO with stops along the way including Big Sur (suggestions welcome!) Overnight in SLO
Day 3: SLO - Santa Barbara with stop in Solvang. Overnight in Santa Barbara
Day 4: Santa Barbara to LA.
Have we spread it out too much? Any suggestions for better towns to stay in?
Drive from San Francisco to LA - suggested stop overs
- 1 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 2 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 3 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 4 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 5 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 6 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 7 Columbus food !
- 8 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 9 One day in NYC
- 10 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 11 Updates from Hanalei
- 12 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 13 Trying To Find a Place
- 14 Holiday Parade/Pearl Harbor Day Parade Questions
- 15 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 16 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 17 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 18 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 19 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 20 Blue ridge parkway
- 21 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 22 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 23 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 24 Minnesota State Fair
- 25 hotel in carmel or monterey