We're driving from Chicago to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and back in early/mid August and seeking itinerary advice for the trip (both directions). Two moms in 40s/early 50s and two girls (7 and 12). We're thinking of taking I90 out there, first night around Worthington MN, second around Gillette WY, then onto Yellowstone through east entrance. Any thoughts about this route/plan? Things to see along the way? And thinking of taking a more southerly route back for variety, any advice on which way and what to see? Would like to make the trips out and back in 3 days each way.
Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 2 Sea world San Diego
- 3 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 4 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 5 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 6 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 7 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 8 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 9 Maui - Haleakala
- 10 Montana- what are must see places?
- 11 Small group dining in Napa area
- 12 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 13 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 14 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 15 Utah restaurants
- 16 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 17 Kauai Garden tours
- 18 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 19 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 20 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 21 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 22 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 25 Los Angeles day trips