We're driving from Chicago to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and back in early/mid August and seeking itinerary advice for the trip (both directions). Two moms in 40s/early 50s and two girls (7 and 12). We're thinking of taking I90 out there, first night around Worthington MN, second around Gillette WY, then onto Yellowstone through east entrance. Any thoughts about this route/plan? Things to see along the way? And thinking of taking a more southerly route back for variety, any advice on which way and what to see? Would like to make the trips out and back in 3 days each way.
Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 1 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 2 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 3 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 4 Using public transit in San Diego
- 5 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 6 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 7 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 8 Memphis Tours
- 9 Please critique our plan...
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 12 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 13 Gearhart Oregon
- 14 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 15 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 16 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 17 California, Northern
- 18 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 19 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 24 Seatlle, WA
- 25 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????