We're driving from Chicago to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and back in early/mid August and seeking itinerary advice for the trip (both directions). Two moms in 40s/early 50s and two girls (7 and 12). We're thinking of taking I90 out there, first night around Worthington MN, second around Gillette WY, then onto Yellowstone through east entrance. Any thoughts about this route/plan? Things to see along the way? And thinking of taking a more southerly route back for variety, any advice on which way and what to see? Would like to make the trips out and back in 3 days each way.
Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 3 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 6 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 7 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 8 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 Denver in a half day
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL