We are planning on spending Jan, Feb and March of 2012 in Fort Myers. We need a pet friendly place and have looked all over Ft Myers Beach, but anything we like is over our budget. So the question is: Do you feel that downtown Ft Myers is a fairly good area for safety? A friend who has a time-share on Ft Myers Beach has indicated that she thinks we will regret it as they don't consider it a "good" area. We live on the water here and think we will be fine with a pool and a view of the water, so we don't feel we NEED to be on the beach. Can someone please tell us what YOUR thoughts are as to safety or anything else you are able to comment on regarding downtown Ft Myers? TIA!
Downtown Fort Myers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 2 Check List for a Sri Lankan Wedding
- 3 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 4 Dim Sum and Pho in San Francisco
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 8 Use of an iPad in France
- 9 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Boston/Fenway park
- 20 California self drive trip
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 10 day trip to California