My wife and I will be taking a weekend trip to Door County, WI this weekend (Memorial Day weekend). It’s our first time there, so we need lots of advice and tips!!
We are staying in Sister Bay. We have the option of staying at the Birchwood Lodge or the Hotel Du Nord. Are these two places good choices? Which would you recommend? We are city folks from Chicago and are used to staying in nice hotels…
Is Sister Bay a good location? We weren’t sure of which place in Door County to stay.
What are the must-do’s, must-see’s, and must-eats? We are clueless and would appreciate ay tips from you guys…
We would also like to go fishing and biking. Where are good places to fish and bike? Are there places to rent bikes? What about renting fishing poles? Are there any good hiking trails as well?
What are good restaurants to try?
Is Washington Island a must-do?
We’re arriving there late Friday night and will stay until Sunday.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Stamina
- 2 las vegas anyone
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 4 Finding Steve Perry
- 5 Hiking 'the wave'
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 8 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 9 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 10 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 11 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 12 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 13 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 14 Restaurant Help Needed
- 15 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 16 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 17 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 18 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 19 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 20 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 21 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 22 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 23 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 24 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 25 Foliage in Vermont