My wife and I will be taking a weekend trip to Door County, WI this weekend (Memorial Day weekend). It’s our first time there, so we need lots of advice and tips!!
We are staying in Sister Bay. We have the option of staying at the Birchwood Lodge or the Hotel Du Nord. Are these two places good choices? Which would you recommend? We are city folks from Chicago and are used to staying in nice hotels…
Is Sister Bay a good location? We weren’t sure of which place in Door County to stay.
What are the must-do’s, must-see’s, and must-eats? We are clueless and would appreciate ay tips from you guys…
We would also like to go fishing and biking. Where are good places to fish and bike? Are there places to rent bikes? What about renting fishing poles? Are there any good hiking trails as well?
What are good restaurants to try?
Is Washington Island a must-do?
We’re arriving there late Friday night and will stay until Sunday.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Door County advice needed
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Northern California in February
- 3 Universal Orlando
- 4 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 5 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 6 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 7 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 8 California
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 11 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 12 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination
- 13 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 14 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 15 Florida or caribbean
- 16 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Deep South sept 2015
- 20 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 21 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 22 New England September
- 23 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 24 Active Vacation
- 25 Required snow tires & rental cars?