My wife and I will be taking a weekend trip to Door County, WI this weekend (Memorial Day weekend). It’s our first time there, so we need lots of advice and tips!!
We are staying in Sister Bay. We have the option of staying at the Birchwood Lodge or the Hotel Du Nord. Are these two places good choices? Which would you recommend? We are city folks from Chicago and are used to staying in nice hotels…
Is Sister Bay a good location? We weren’t sure of which place in Door County to stay.
What are the must-do’s, must-see’s, and must-eats? We are clueless and would appreciate ay tips from you guys…
We would also like to go fishing and biking. Where are good places to fish and bike? Are there places to rent bikes? What about renting fishing poles? Are there any good hiking trails as well?
What are good restaurants to try?
Is Washington Island a must-do?
We’re arriving there late Friday night and will stay until Sunday.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 2 Honda New and Used Cars Dealer in Paris TX
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 5 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 6 Places to stay in Skagway
- 7 Hilo to Kona
- 8 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 9 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 10 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 11 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 12 Maui - luau question
- 13 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 14 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 15 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 16 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 17 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 18 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 19 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 20 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 21 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 22 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 23 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 24 flagstaff
- 25 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive