My wife and I will be taking a weekend trip to Door County, WI this weekend (Memorial Day weekend). It’s our first time there, so we need lots of advice and tips!!
We are staying in Sister Bay. We have the option of staying at the Birchwood Lodge or the Hotel Du Nord. Are these two places good choices? Which would you recommend? We are city folks from Chicago and are used to staying in nice hotels…
Is Sister Bay a good location? We weren’t sure of which place in Door County to stay.
What are the must-do’s, must-see’s, and must-eats? We are clueless and would appreciate ay tips from you guys…
We would also like to go fishing and biking. Where are good places to fish and bike? Are there places to rent bikes? What about renting fishing poles? Are there any good hiking trails as well?
What are good restaurants to try?
Is Washington Island a must-do?
We’re arriving there late Friday night and will stay until Sunday.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 2 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 3 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 4 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 5 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 6 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 7 Northern California Redwoods
- 8 Seaside, California
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 11 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 12 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 13 Denali
- 14 JFK Terminal 8
- 15 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 16 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 17 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 18 Maine in May?
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 20 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 22 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 23 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 24 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 25 Bed and Breakfast