My husband and I are thinking of getting out of town for Thanksgiving and thought Door County would be good since it's a fairly easy drive from Chicago.
We've never been there before (just moved here) and are wondering what it will be like around Thanksgiving...would there be any restaurants open for a Thanksgiving dinner?
We don't mind doing outdoor activities in cold weather -- I'm assuming it will be cold -- but will other attractions be open in late November. The drive-in movie appeals to me!!
Thanks for any info!
Door County - Thanksgiving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 2 Phoenix restaurants
- 3 5 week in US/Mexico
- 4 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 10 day trip to California
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Rafting near Denali
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Week in October in Maine
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 B-Day Mini adventure
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares