My husband and I are visiting Seattle and Washington for the first time ever next June. We will be in the Seattle area for around a week. I figure 3 solid days in the city, but then there are a number of day trips we'd like to take to places like Mt. Ranier, Mt. St Helens, the Wenatchee Valley (wine tasting) and Leavenworth, Whidbey Island, the San Juan Islands, etc. Are we better off renting a car and going independently for those days or signing up with EverGreen Escapes who seem to run (recommended) tours to these areas? We will eventually end up renting a car anyway to get to the Olympic peninsula and then over to Victoria and Vancouver Island for the rest of our trip. Thanks for your thoughts.
Doing Day Trips From Seattle
View all United States activity »
- 1 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 2 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 3 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 4 Vero Beach FL
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 9 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 10 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 14 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 15 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 16 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 17 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 18 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 19 Question about Boulder area
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 22 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 23 Grand Canyon in March?
- 24 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 25 California Tour Groups?