My husband and I are visiting Seattle and Washington for the first time ever next June. We will be in the Seattle area for around a week. I figure 3 solid days in the city, but then there are a number of day trips we'd like to take to places like Mt. Ranier, Mt. St Helens, the Wenatchee Valley (wine tasting) and Leavenworth, Whidbey Island, the San Juan Islands, etc. Are we better off renting a car and going independently for those days or signing up with EverGreen Escapes who seem to run (recommended) tours to these areas? We will eventually end up renting a car anyway to get to the Olympic peninsula and then over to Victoria and Vancouver Island for the rest of our trip. Thanks for your thoughts.
Doing Day Trips From Seattle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 USA with a 3 year old
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Universal studios/Orlando
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Wedding venue in NH
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 22 San Diego parks and attractions
- 23 Alaska
- 24 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 25 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?