My husband and I are visiting Seattle and Washington for the first time ever next June. We will be in the Seattle area for around a week. I figure 3 solid days in the city, but then there are a number of day trips we'd like to take to places like Mt. Ranier, Mt. St Helens, the Wenatchee Valley (wine tasting) and Leavenworth, Whidbey Island, the San Juan Islands, etc. Are we better off renting a car and going independently for those days or signing up with EverGreen Escapes who seem to run (recommended) tours to these areas? We will eventually end up renting a car anyway to get to the Olympic peninsula and then over to Victoria and Vancouver Island for the rest of our trip. Thanks for your thoughts.
Doing Day Trips From Seattle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Use of an iPad in France
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 10 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 11 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 12 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 Boston/Fenway park
- 15 California self drive trip
- 16 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 17 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 22 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 23 Drive along the Columbia River
- 24 Wine Country Picnic
- 25 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu