My husband and I are visiting Seattle and Washington for the first time ever next June. We will be in the Seattle area for around a week. I figure 3 solid days in the city, but then there are a number of day trips we'd like to take to places like Mt. Ranier, Mt. St Helens, the Wenatchee Valley (wine tasting) and Leavenworth, Whidbey Island, the San Juan Islands, etc. Are we better off renting a car and going independently for those days or signing up with EverGreen Escapes who seem to run (recommended) tours to these areas? We will eventually end up renting a car anyway to get to the Olympic peninsula and then over to Victoria and Vancouver Island for the rest of our trip. Thanks for your thoughts.
Doing Day Trips From Seattle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 3 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 4 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 5 culpepper
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Charlotte restaurant help
- 10 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 11 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 12 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 13 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 14 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 2 weeks in Alaska
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 19 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 20 Yosemite Fire
- 21 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 22 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 23 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 24 Fancy dining
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around