We're planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge, TN in April with our 2 boys, ages 2 and 4, and 30 lb dog. The event will be 2 of the days we will be there and will be at the Inn at Christmas Place (one time we will be there at night). The hotel does not take dogs so we need another place to stay. We will be driving so we'll have a car. We were thinking about a cabin rental because I haven't liked any of the hotels I've researched. Plus, we would maybe like to make meals. There are so many cabin rental choices that's it's a little overwhelming. We do not want to be too isolated b/c we just don't feel safe with 2 kids. But we don't want to be on top of our neighbors either. Maybe something in a neighborhood? We would also like to visit Dollywood 1 day and the Smoky Mountains NP. We would also be visiting the Titanic Museum b/c it's part of the event we're going to. If we stay outside Pigeon Forge, what is traffic like driving around these areas? I can look up the miles between but don't know what traffic is like.
We've never been to Pigeon Forge but have driven through Gatlinburg and it looked pretty touristy.
Does anyone have cabin recommendations that are child and pet friendly? We would prefer the kids to sleep on the same level as us but don't know how the cabins are set up. We want them to be in the same room b/c they share one now. Do you have to keep the dog in a crate when you leave them alone in the cabin? Is there a grocery near by?
Any other activities I'm missing? I know it depends on where we stay, but do you have any restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Errors 1 (800) 927 2480 QuickBooks Payroll Issue Support Number
- 2 Christmas Village in Philadelphia
- 3 driving school in Cardiff
- 4 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 5 Hello
- 6 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 9 Maui and Kauai
- 10 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 11 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 12 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 13 Hotel advise Chicago
- 14 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 15 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 16 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 17 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 18 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 19 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 20 Trip to Cali
- 21 NYC Hotel Decision
- 22 NFL tickets
- 23 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 24 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 25 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
Dog and Child Friendly Cabins/Resorts around Pigeon Forge, TN?