We're planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge, TN in April with our 2 boys, ages 2 and 4, and 30 lb dog. The event will be 2 of the days we will be there and will be at the Inn at Christmas Place (one time we will be there at night). The hotel does not take dogs so we need another place to stay. We will be driving so we'll have a car. We were thinking about a cabin rental because I haven't liked any of the hotels I've researched. Plus, we would maybe like to make meals. There are so many cabin rental choices that's it's a little overwhelming. We do not want to be too isolated b/c we just don't feel safe with 2 kids. But we don't want to be on top of our neighbors either. Maybe something in a neighborhood? We would also like to visit Dollywood 1 day and the Smoky Mountains NP. We would also be visiting the Titanic Museum b/c it's part of the event we're going to. If we stay outside Pigeon Forge, what is traffic like driving around these areas? I can look up the miles between but don't know what traffic is like.
We've never been to Pigeon Forge but have driven through Gatlinburg and it looked pretty touristy.
Does anyone have cabin recommendations that are child and pet friendly? We would prefer the kids to sleep on the same level as us but don't know how the cabins are set up. We want them to be in the same room b/c they share one now. Do you have to keep the dog in a crate when you leave them alone in the cabin? Is there a grocery near by?
Any other activities I'm missing? I know it depends on where we stay, but do you have any restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
Dog and Child Friendly Cabins/Resorts around Pigeon Forge, TN?
- 1 San Antonio
- 2 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 3 Hotel near Public Theater
- 4 hotel near Met NYC
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 8 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 12 Oahu Information
- 13 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 14 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 17 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 18 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 19 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 One day in Washington DC
- 22 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 23 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 24 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 25 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March