We're planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge, TN in April with our 2 boys, ages 2 and 4, and 30 lb dog. The event will be 2 of the days we will be there and will be at the Inn at Christmas Place (one time we will be there at night). The hotel does not take dogs so we need another place to stay. We will be driving so we'll have a car. We were thinking about a cabin rental because I haven't liked any of the hotels I've researched. Plus, we would maybe like to make meals. There are so many cabin rental choices that's it's a little overwhelming. We do not want to be too isolated b/c we just don't feel safe with 2 kids. But we don't want to be on top of our neighbors either. Maybe something in a neighborhood? We would also like to visit Dollywood 1 day and the Smoky Mountains NP. We would also be visiting the Titanic Museum b/c it's part of the event we're going to. If we stay outside Pigeon Forge, what is traffic like driving around these areas? I can look up the miles between but don't know what traffic is like.
We've never been to Pigeon Forge but have driven through Gatlinburg and it looked pretty touristy.
Does anyone have cabin recommendations that are child and pet friendly? We would prefer the kids to sleep on the same level as us but don't know how the cabins are set up. We want them to be in the same room b/c they share one now. Do you have to keep the dog in a crate when you leave them alone in the cabin? Is there a grocery near by?
Any other activities I'm missing? I know it depends on where we stay, but do you have any restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
Dog and Child Friendly Cabins/Resorts around Pigeon Forge, TN?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 8 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Denver in a half day
- 22 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 23 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 24 Oahu ideas
- 25 Grand Circle & Wyoming