We're planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge, TN in April with our 2 boys, ages 2 and 4, and 30 lb dog. The event will be 2 of the days we will be there and will be at the Inn at Christmas Place (one time we will be there at night). The hotel does not take dogs so we need another place to stay. We will be driving so we'll have a car. We were thinking about a cabin rental because I haven't liked any of the hotels I've researched. Plus, we would maybe like to make meals. There are so many cabin rental choices that's it's a little overwhelming. We do not want to be too isolated b/c we just don't feel safe with 2 kids. But we don't want to be on top of our neighbors either. Maybe something in a neighborhood? We would also like to visit Dollywood 1 day and the Smoky Mountains NP. We would also be visiting the Titanic Museum b/c it's part of the event we're going to. If we stay outside Pigeon Forge, what is traffic like driving around these areas? I can look up the miles between but don't know what traffic is like.
We've never been to Pigeon Forge but have driven through Gatlinburg and it looked pretty touristy.
Does anyone have cabin recommendations that are child and pet friendly? We would prefer the kids to sleep on the same level as us but don't know how the cabins are set up. We want them to be in the same room b/c they share one now. Do you have to keep the dog in a crate when you leave them alone in the cabin? Is there a grocery near by?
Any other activities I'm missing? I know it depends on where we stay, but do you have any restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Turo?
- 2 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 3 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 4 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 5 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 6 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 7 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 8 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 9 NYC For The Day
- 10 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 11 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 12 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 15 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 16 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 US whole month of January where to
- 19 Need help nailing down the details
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 22 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 23 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 24 See Alaska by train
- 25 Telluride and Silverton
Dog and Child Friendly Cabins/Resorts around Pigeon Forge, TN?