We're planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge, TN in April with our 2 boys, ages 2 and 4, and 30 lb dog. The event will be 2 of the days we will be there and will be at the Inn at Christmas Place (one time we will be there at night). The hotel does not take dogs so we need another place to stay. We will be driving so we'll have a car. We were thinking about a cabin rental because I haven't liked any of the hotels I've researched. Plus, we would maybe like to make meals. There are so many cabin rental choices that's it's a little overwhelming. We do not want to be too isolated b/c we just don't feel safe with 2 kids. But we don't want to be on top of our neighbors either. Maybe something in a neighborhood? We would also like to visit Dollywood 1 day and the Smoky Mountains NP. We would also be visiting the Titanic Museum b/c it's part of the event we're going to. If we stay outside Pigeon Forge, what is traffic like driving around these areas? I can look up the miles between but don't know what traffic is like.
We've never been to Pigeon Forge but have driven through Gatlinburg and it looked pretty touristy.
Does anyone have cabin recommendations that are child and pet friendly? We would prefer the kids to sleep on the same level as us but don't know how the cabins are set up. We want them to be in the same room b/c they share one now. Do you have to keep the dog in a crate when you leave them alone in the cabin? Is there a grocery near by?
Any other activities I'm missing? I know it depends on where we stay, but do you have any restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Carolina Coast
- 2 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 3 myrtle beach
- 4 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 5 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 6 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 7 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 10 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 11 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 12 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 13 NYC with wheelchair
- 14 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 15 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 16 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 17 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 18 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 19 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 20 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 21 New Orleans logistics
- 22 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 23 Hilton Head
- 24 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 25 Texas exploring for 18 days
Dog and Child Friendly Cabins/Resorts around Pigeon Forge, TN?