We're planning to attend an event in Pigeon Forge, TN in April with our 2 boys, ages 2 and 4, and 30 lb dog. The event will be 2 of the days we will be there and will be at the Inn at Christmas Place (one time we will be there at night). The hotel does not take dogs so we need another place to stay. We will be driving so we'll have a car. We were thinking about a cabin rental because I haven't liked any of the hotels I've researched. Plus, we would maybe like to make meals. There are so many cabin rental choices that's it's a little overwhelming. We do not want to be too isolated b/c we just don't feel safe with 2 kids. But we don't want to be on top of our neighbors either. Maybe something in a neighborhood? We would also like to visit Dollywood 1 day and the Smoky Mountains NP. We would also be visiting the Titanic Museum b/c it's part of the event we're going to. If we stay outside Pigeon Forge, what is traffic like driving around these areas? I can look up the miles between but don't know what traffic is like.
We've never been to Pigeon Forge but have driven through Gatlinburg and it looked pretty touristy.
Does anyone have cabin recommendations that are child and pet friendly? We would prefer the kids to sleep on the same level as us but don't know how the cabins are set up. We want them to be in the same room b/c they share one now. Do you have to keep the dog in a crate when you leave them alone in the cabin? Is there a grocery near by?
Any other activities I'm missing? I know it depends on where we stay, but do you have any restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
Dog and Child Friendly Cabins/Resorts around Pigeon Forge, TN?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 5 Quick Trip to NYC
- 6 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 7 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 8 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 11 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 14 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 15 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 16 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 17 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 18 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 19 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 20 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Road trip itinerary
- 23 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 24 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?