A friend of mine will be meeting a group tour at the Crowne Plaza, Elizabeth, NJ next week. He will be coming north on I-78 from Harrisburg, PA via the Allentown area. His directions have him exiting I-78 towards EWR, then taking Route 1 South to the hotel.
Is there an alternate exit that he could take that off I-78 that avoid the airport traffic? Could he take Exit 29 off Route 78, then take 287 South to Exit 1, then Route 1 North to the hotel.
He is not concerned that an alternate route would add time to the trip. He just wants to avoid the traffic immediately around the airport.
Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 2 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 3 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 4 Denver to Yellowstone
- 5 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 6 Wanted: Two beds, charming place NOLA
- 7 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 8 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 9 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 10 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 11 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 12 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 13 hotel in NYC
- 14 October New England Honeymoon??
- 15 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 16 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 17 Briefly, in WNY
- 18 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 19 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 20 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 21 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 22 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 23 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 24 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 25 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands