A friend of mine will be meeting a group tour at the Crowne Plaza, Elizabeth, NJ next week. He will be coming north on I-78 from Harrisburg, PA via the Allentown area. His directions have him exiting I-78 towards EWR, then taking Route 1 South to the hotel.
Is there an alternate exit that he could take that off I-78 that avoid the airport traffic? Could he take Exit 29 off Route 78, then take 287 South to Exit 1, then Route 1 North to the hotel.
He is not concerned that an alternate route would add time to the trip. He just wants to avoid the traffic immediately around the airport.
Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 2 Yellowstone June 2014
- 3 Lake George
- 4 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 5 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 6 Nevada,utah, arizona trip report part one
- 7 Driving from West Glacier to Waterton
- 8 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 9 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 10 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 11 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 12 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 13 utah, part 2
- 14 3 day cruise from Boston
- 15 Utah, arizona part three
- 16 2 months in Hawaii!
- 17 Yosemite Visit
- 18 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 19 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 20 Seattle Hotels
- 21 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 22 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 23 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 24 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 25 Rose Parade Novice