A friend of mine will be meeting a group tour at the Crowne Plaza, Elizabeth, NJ next week. He will be coming north on I-78 from Harrisburg, PA via the Allentown area. His directions have him exiting I-78 towards EWR, then taking Route 1 South to the hotel.
Is there an alternate exit that he could take that off I-78 that avoid the airport traffic? Could he take Exit 29 off Route 78, then take 287 South to Exit 1, then Route 1 North to the hotel.
He is not concerned that an alternate route would add time to the trip. He just wants to avoid the traffic immediately around the airport.
Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 2 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 5 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 6 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 7 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 8 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 9 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 10 Kids Vacation Place
- 11 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 12 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 13 Boston waterfront Italian
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 19 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 24 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017