A friend of mine will be meeting a group tour at the Crowne Plaza, Elizabeth, NJ next week. He will be coming north on I-78 from Harrisburg, PA via the Allentown area. His directions have him exiting I-78 towards EWR, then taking Route 1 South to the hotel.
Is there an alternate exit that he could take that off I-78 that avoid the airport traffic? Could he take Exit 29 off Route 78, then take 287 South to Exit 1, then Route 1 North to the hotel.
He is not concerned that an alternate route would add time to the trip. He just wants to avoid the traffic immediately around the airport.
Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Monterey whale watching
- 2 Car Hire Alamo
- 3 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 4 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 5 1.5 days in Chicago
- 6 Pittsburgh Trip
- 7 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 8 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 9 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 12 Running kissimmee Florida
- 13 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 14 Mendocino Hiking
- 15 Paul Gauguin
- 16 Highway 1 motels
- 17 Berkshires with a toddler
- 18 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 19 Getting around in NYC
- 20 The New Whitney
- 21 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 22 View of Empire State Building from street
- 23 11 days SE coast road trip
- 24 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 25 Pacific Northwest