A friend of mine will be meeting a group tour at the Crowne Plaza, Elizabeth, NJ next week. He will be coming north on I-78 from Harrisburg, PA via the Allentown area. His directions have him exiting I-78 towards EWR, then taking Route 1 South to the hotel.
Is there an alternate exit that he could take that off I-78 that avoid the airport traffic? Could he take Exit 29 off Route 78, then take 287 South to Exit 1, then Route 1 North to the hotel.
He is not concerned that an alternate route would add time to the trip. He just wants to avoid the traffic immediately around the airport.
Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 2 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 3 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 4 Glacier National Park
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 7 Vegas with toddler twins
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 Traveling Alone
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 12 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 13 Arizona in late January
- 14 New Mexico in May
- 15 Las Vegas Vacation
- 16 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 17 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 18 disneyland
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 21 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 22 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 23 OHare car service north suburbs
- 24 California Coast in January
- 25 Key West