I'm just curious if anyone else knows about this? A friend just told me his experience when he was able to cancel (at no penalty) some tickets he'd purchased the day before. He'd been watching fares and had seen just what he wanted. Unfortunately he didn't jump on it and it was gone by evening. Finally, after a week of continued watching, he decided to buy some tickets that were not as convenient and a little more expensive than he'd wanted to pay. Of course, the next day the ticket prices on the flights he's really wanted were back. So, he called United (or was it American) and said he remembered something about a 24 hour period in which you can cancel tickets with no penalty. Sure enough they let him do it, and he was able to buy the Northwest tickets he wanted. I thought once the purchase button was pushed, that was it on non-refundable non-changeable tickets. Did you know that airlines have this practice, and have you ever done it?
Did you know that there is a 24 hour cancellation period even on non-refundable tickets?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 3 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 4 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 8 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 9 San Antonio
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Hotel near Public Theater
- 12 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 15 Oahu Information
- 16 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 19 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 20 Savanah Sojourn
- 21 One day in Washington DC
- 22 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 23 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 24 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 25 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old