I'm just curious if anyone else knows about this? A friend just told me his experience when he was able to cancel (at no penalty) some tickets he'd purchased the day before. He'd been watching fares and had seen just what he wanted. Unfortunately he didn't jump on it and it was gone by evening. Finally, after a week of continued watching, he decided to buy some tickets that were not as convenient and a little more expensive than he'd wanted to pay. Of course, the next day the ticket prices on the flights he's really wanted were back. So, he called United (or was it American) and said he remembered something about a 24 hour period in which you can cancel tickets with no penalty. Sure enough they let him do it, and he was able to buy the Northwest tickets he wanted. I thought once the purchase button was pushed, that was it on non-refundable non-changeable tickets. Did you know that airlines have this practice, and have you ever done it?
Did you know that there is a 24 hour cancellation period even on non-refundable tickets?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 3 Dinner in Miami
- 4 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 5 Orlando to Savannah
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 8 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 9 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 14 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 17 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 18 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 Christmas weather?
- 25 Big island itinerary