DH and I will be traveling from Detroit to downtown Chicago at the end of August with our sons age 10 & 12. We're debating on taking the train rather than driving. (Cost of tickets for the 4 of us is about a wash with the cost of parking and we don't expect to need our car while in Chicago.)
DH is reluctant to take Amtrak due to a bad experience many years ago (very long delays, malfunctioning toilet on board, etc.). I am sitting on the fence...The convenience of being dropped-off at Union Station and not having to fight downtown traffic is appealing.
Does anyone have recent experience with Amtrak, or better yet, from Detroit to Chicago?
What are the trains like?
Thanks in advance!
Detroit to Chicago via Amtrak - Anyone with Recent Experience??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 2 Las Vegas Clubs - Need all the 411...
- 3 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 4 New locksmith, Locksmith New
- 5 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 6 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 7 Colorado aspen updates
- 8 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 9 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 12 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 13 Long Island Advice
- 14 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 15 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 16 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 17 Boston suggestions
- 18 California
- 19 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 20 Tucson area flooding
- 21 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 22 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 25 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!