DH and I will be traveling from Detroit to downtown Chicago at the end of August with our sons age 10 & 12. We're debating on taking the train rather than driving. (Cost of tickets for the 4 of us is about a wash with the cost of parking and we don't expect to need our car while in Chicago.)
DH is reluctant to take Amtrak due to a bad experience many years ago (very long delays, malfunctioning toilet on board, etc.). I am sitting on the fence...The convenience of being dropped-off at Union Station and not having to fight downtown traffic is appealing.
Does anyone have recent experience with Amtrak, or better yet, from Detroit to Chicago?
What are the trains like?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscommunity.com/clinamax-male-enhancement/
- 2 http://alphajackedhelp.com/testo-pure-prime/
- 3 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 4 Alcatrez sold out
- 5 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 6 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 7 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 8 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 9 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 10 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 11 Maine weather and temps
- 12 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 13 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 16 Need help planning....
- 17 L.A. and Sequoia
- 18 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 19 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 20 Week motorcycle ride
- 21 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 22 Broadway
- 23 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 24 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 25 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
Detroit to Chicago via Amtrak - Anyone with Recent Experience??