We are a couple with 6-year-old boy and mother-in-law in search of a summer/fall vacation destination. Anything more than about five hours' drive/train (or a cheap flight -- $150/$200 each, say) will be a non-starter with the missus.
The ideal spot for us is Washington D.C., which we've visited each of the last couple of years. The wife and I love European cities, and I think D.C. comes closest; it's a great mix of attractions for adults and kids. Something like Quebec City or Ottawa would interest us but seems to be too far by ground and too expensive by air. Our destination doesn't have to be a city, but a little natural beauty goes a long way for us, especially with the little guy.
Right now, my fallback would be a Pennsylvania trip, which would put us near a lot of theme parks for our son but not so much for the adults, I don't think -- kind of like a close-to-home/poor man's Disney trip (something else we've done each of the last couple of years). Seems like you could cobble together something in central New Hampshire, too. What great place don't I know about?
Thanks for any help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/alpha-prime-elite/
- 2 Wine Country
- 3 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 4 Renting a car with DWAI
- 5 San Francisco first visit.
- 6 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 7 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 8 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 9 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 10 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 11 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 12 Park City- handicapped
- 13 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 14 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 15 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 16 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 17 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 18 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 19 Yellowstone in early May
- 20 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 21 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 22 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 23 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui
- 24 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 25 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island