We are a couple with 6-year-old boy and mother-in-law in search of a summer/fall vacation destination. Anything more than about five hours' drive/train (or a cheap flight -- $150/$200 each, say) will be a non-starter with the missus.
The ideal spot for us is Washington D.C., which we've visited each of the last couple of years. The wife and I love European cities, and I think D.C. comes closest; it's a great mix of attractions for adults and kids. Something like Quebec City or Ottawa would interest us but seems to be too far by ground and too expensive by air. Our destination doesn't have to be a city, but a little natural beauty goes a long way for us, especially with the little guy.
Right now, my fallback would be a Pennsylvania trip, which would put us near a lot of theme parks for our son but not so much for the adults, I don't think -- kind of like a close-to-home/poor man's Disney trip (something else we've done each of the last couple of years). Seems like you could cobble together something in central New Hampshire, too. What great place don't I know about?
Thanks for any help
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 3 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 4 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 5 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 8 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 11 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 12 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 13 Warm and don't Drive
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 16 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 17 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 18 Madison Square Garden
- 19 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 20 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 21 St. Augustine, Florida
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 24 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 25 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?