Looking for advice or suggestion for getting from the Eastern Shore of MD to Front Royal, VA. Looks like we can either drive through the center of D.C., or, around the Capital Beltway to Route 66. Has anyone done this? Would love advice on the best way to get to Front Royal. Mapquest takes us from 50 to the beltway in the direction of Silver Spring; DH thinks we should take the beltway in the direction of Alexandria. DH is directionally challenged. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Destination Front Royal, VA: Drive through or around Washington D.C.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 3 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 4 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 5 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 6 Montana- what are must see places?
- 7 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 8 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 9 from Moab to Bryce
- 10 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 11 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 12 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 13 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 14 Saison, Chez Panisse, Other Top Restaurants in SF Area
- 15 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 16 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 17 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 18 Maui...off the beaten path for one day/night
- 19 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 20 san francisco to columbia gorge
- 21 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 22 Sunnyvale to San Franisco and back
- 23 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 24 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 25 Paso Robles Here We Come...!