Our family has travelled to Destin four times since 2005. We go about the same time of year (late July or early August) and the water is crystal clear, turquoise, and beautiful--except for last year. There was a lot of green stuff in the water which made the water look olive and murky and the beach smelled like a stable. We had very little beach time last year. I'm not sure if this was just an overgrowth of flora in the water or if it was somehow related to the oil spill. We ran into people who had been going to Destin for 15+ years and they said they had never seen the water like that. Can anyone tell me if the water is clear and beautiful once again? Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem was last year?
Destin, FL: Is the water clear again???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Key Largo, FL
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Death Valley in June
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 San Diego grocery stores
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii