Our family has travelled to Destin four times since 2005. We go about the same time of year (late July or early August) and the water is crystal clear, turquoise, and beautiful--except for last year. There was a lot of green stuff in the water which made the water look olive and murky and the beach smelled like a stable. We had very little beach time last year. I'm not sure if this was just an overgrowth of flora in the water or if it was somehow related to the oil spill. We ran into people who had been going to Destin for 15+ years and they said they had never seen the water like that. Can anyone tell me if the water is clear and beautiful once again? Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem was last year?
Destin, FL: Is the water clear again???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California self drive trip
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 4 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 5 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 6 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Timeshare Nightmares
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 10 day trip to California
- 12 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 13 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 14 Drive along the Columbia River
- 15 Wine Country Picnic
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 18 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 19 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 20 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 21 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~