Our family has travelled to Destin four times since 2005. We go about the same time of year (late July or early August) and the water is crystal clear, turquoise, and beautiful--except for last year. There was a lot of green stuff in the water which made the water look olive and murky and the beach smelled like a stable. We had very little beach time last year. I'm not sure if this was just an overgrowth of flora in the water or if it was somehow related to the oil spill. We ran into people who had been going to Destin for 15+ years and they said they had never seen the water like that. Can anyone tell me if the water is clear and beautiful once again? Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem was last year?
Destin, FL: Is the water clear again???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 6 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 7 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Asheville NC without a car
- 10 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 11 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 12 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 13 Myrtle Beach
- 14 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 15 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 16 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 21 Washington DC Metro
- 22 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 23 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Alexandria or Georgetown