I am planning a 7-8 day trip at the end of July or beginning of August trip with my husband to Denver, CO. The purpose is to do some backpacking and ultimately see the local life in hopes that it might be a good fit for us long-term at some point. I currently live over in the Northeast and we both love the outdoor life (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and rafting) and my husband is seriously into golfing. I want to see what the lifestyle of the locals would be but still get to do some touristy stuff, we definitely want to see boulder also if that would be a better fit for us. We do like living in the city but want to have the outdoors at our fingertips. We are equipped for a day hike with camping but not currently for backpacking. I was considering a REI backpacking activity to get to see RMNP the right way but unsure if we would be able to do an overnight on our own and get to see and learn a lot. Any suggestions for a must see look into being a Coloradan through and through?
Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Clearwater FL area
- 2 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 3 Los Angeles day trips
- 4 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 5 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 6 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 7 trip advice from TN to TX
- 8 san diego or nearby area
- 9 middlebury vt snow
- 10 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 11 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 12 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 18 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 19 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 20 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 21 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 22 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 23 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 24 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal