I am planning a 7-8 day trip at the end of July or beginning of August trip with my husband to Denver, CO. The purpose is to do some backpacking and ultimately see the local life in hopes that it might be a good fit for us long-term at some point. I currently live over in the Northeast and we both love the outdoor life (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and rafting) and my husband is seriously into golfing. I want to see what the lifestyle of the locals would be but still get to do some touristy stuff, we definitely want to see boulder also if that would be a better fit for us. We do like living in the city but want to have the outdoors at our fingertips. We are equipped for a day hike with camping but not currently for backpacking. I was considering a REI backpacking activity to get to see RMNP the right way but unsure if we would be able to do an overnight on our own and get to see and learn a lot. Any suggestions for a must see look into being a Coloradan through and through?
Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 3 Florida Vacation
- 4 Can Anyone Suggest which is the Best Holiday Destination with Family.?
- 5 bachelors degree
- 6 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 9 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 10 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 11 Getting to Key West
- 12 New Orleans Motel Question
- 13 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 14 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 15 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 16 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 17 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 18 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 19 West Maui Restaurants
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 23 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 25 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?