I am planning a 7-8 day trip at the end of July or beginning of August trip with my husband to Denver, CO. The purpose is to do some backpacking and ultimately see the local life in hopes that it might be a good fit for us long-term at some point. I currently live over in the Northeast and we both love the outdoor life (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and rafting) and my husband is seriously into golfing. I want to see what the lifestyle of the locals would be but still get to do some touristy stuff, we definitely want to see boulder also if that would be a better fit for us. We do like living in the city but want to have the outdoors at our fingertips. We are equipped for a day hike with camping but not currently for backpacking. I was considering a REI backpacking activity to get to see RMNP the right way but unsure if we would be able to do an overnight on our own and get to see and learn a lot. Any suggestions for a must see look into being a Coloradan through and through?
Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 4 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 5 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii