I am planning a 7-8 day trip at the end of July or beginning of August trip with my husband to Denver, CO. The purpose is to do some backpacking and ultimately see the local life in hopes that it might be a good fit for us long-term at some point. I currently live over in the Northeast and we both love the outdoor life (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and rafting) and my husband is seriously into golfing. I want to see what the lifestyle of the locals would be but still get to do some touristy stuff, we definitely want to see boulder also if that would be a better fit for us. We do like living in the city but want to have the outdoors at our fingertips. We are equipped for a day hike with camping but not currently for backpacking. I was considering a REI backpacking activity to get to see RMNP the right way but unsure if we would be able to do an overnight on our own and get to see and learn a lot. Any suggestions for a must see look into being a Coloradan through and through?
Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
View all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 2 One day in Washington DC
- 3 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 6 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 12 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 13 San Antonio
- 14 hotel near Met NYC
- 15 Key West on NYE
- 16 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 19 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 20 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 21 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 22 Hotel near Public Theater
- 23 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions