I am planning a 7-8 day trip at the end of July or beginning of August trip with my husband to Denver, CO. The purpose is to do some backpacking and ultimately see the local life in hopes that it might be a good fit for us long-term at some point. I currently live over in the Northeast and we both love the outdoor life (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and rafting) and my husband is seriously into golfing. I want to see what the lifestyle of the locals would be but still get to do some touristy stuff, we definitely want to see boulder also if that would be a better fit for us. We do like living in the city but want to have the outdoors at our fingertips. We are equipped for a day hike with camping but not currently for backpacking. I was considering a REI backpacking activity to get to see RMNP the right way but unsure if we would be able to do an overnight on our own and get to see and learn a lot. Any suggestions for a must see look into being a Coloradan through and through?
Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
View all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 2 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 3 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 4 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 San Antonio
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Hotel near Public Theater
- 10 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 13 Oahu Information
- 14 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 22 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 23 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 24 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 25 RIP Judy Rogers