I am planning a 7-8 day trip at the end of July or beginning of August trip with my husband to Denver, CO. The purpose is to do some backpacking and ultimately see the local life in hopes that it might be a good fit for us long-term at some point. I currently live over in the Northeast and we both love the outdoor life (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and rafting) and my husband is seriously into golfing. I want to see what the lifestyle of the locals would be but still get to do some touristy stuff, we definitely want to see boulder also if that would be a better fit for us. We do like living in the city but want to have the outdoors at our fingertips. We are equipped for a day hike with camping but not currently for backpacking. I was considering a REI backpacking activity to get to see RMNP the right way but unsure if we would be able to do an overnight on our own and get to see and learn a lot. Any suggestions for a must see look into being a Coloradan through and through?
Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 2 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 3 can you help me plan a trip?
- 4 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 5 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 6 Seattle - newby questions
- 7 6 days to drive from Seattle wa to oceanside ca
- 8 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 9 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 10 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 11 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 12 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 13 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 14 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 15 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 16 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 17 Restaurants Chicago June
- 18 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 19 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 20 tip for valet parking
- 21 New Orleans
- 22 California: Getty museum
- 23 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 24 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 25 NYC hotel/July