Our trip time is finally here...coming to Denver this Sat. for a week, very excited, never been before!
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to spend any time hiking after all, as I developed a case of plantar fascitis and I'm going to have to try hard even not to over-do the walking.
So, unusually for me, I'm actually looking for suggestions of lovely drives and other things that don't involve too much walking, or at least are easy places to stop and rest frequently. Still hope to get to the Art Museum, the Botannical Gardens, day trips to Colorado Springs and Boulder and Estes Park/RMNP. And we'll be seeing the Rockies Wed. afternoon. But open to suggestions...
Also while we will indeed be tourists and don't mind doing some of the touristy things, if you have favorite local spots to tell about, I'd love to hear about those (I know when people ask this about Philadelphia, I love giving my ideas that go beyond just the Liberty Bell, Rocky steps of our Art Museum, etc.) - be they bookstores, restaurants, streets with particularly pretty flowers or houses, neighborhoods you enjoy, etc.
Denver area itinerary suggestions
- 1 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 2 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 3 hello guys....
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 6 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 7 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 10 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 11 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 14 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 15 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 16 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 17 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 18 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 19 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 20 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 21 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 22 Michigan Beaches
- 23 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 24 Middlebury vt quickie
- 25 STL Bucket List - College Student