Our trip time is finally here...coming to Denver this Sat. for a week, very excited, never been before!
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to spend any time hiking after all, as I developed a case of plantar fascitis and I'm going to have to try hard even not to over-do the walking.
So, unusually for me, I'm actually looking for suggestions of lovely drives and other things that don't involve too much walking, or at least are easy places to stop and rest frequently. Still hope to get to the Art Museum, the Botannical Gardens, day trips to Colorado Springs and Boulder and Estes Park/RMNP. And we'll be seeing the Rockies Wed. afternoon. But open to suggestions...
Also while we will indeed be tourists and don't mind doing some of the touristy things, if you have favorite local spots to tell about, I'd love to hear about those (I know when people ask this about Philadelphia, I love giving my ideas that go beyond just the Liberty Bell, Rocky steps of our Art Museum, etc.) - be they bookstores, restaurants, streets with particularly pretty flowers or houses, neighborhoods you enjoy, etc.
Denver area itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 2 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 3 Best Destination in USA
- 4 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 5 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 6 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 7 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 8 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 9 x mas
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 16 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 17 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 18 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 19 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 20 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 21 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 22 New Orleans help please
- 23 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 24 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?