Our trip time is finally here...coming to Denver this Sat. for a week, very excited, never been before!
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to spend any time hiking after all, as I developed a case of plantar fascitis and I'm going to have to try hard even not to over-do the walking.
So, unusually for me, I'm actually looking for suggestions of lovely drives and other things that don't involve too much walking, or at least are easy places to stop and rest frequently. Still hope to get to the Art Museum, the Botannical Gardens, day trips to Colorado Springs and Boulder and Estes Park/RMNP. And we'll be seeing the Rockies Wed. afternoon. But open to suggestions...
Also while we will indeed be tourists and don't mind doing some of the touristy things, if you have favorite local spots to tell about, I'd love to hear about those (I know when people ask this about Philadelphia, I love giving my ideas that go beyond just the Liberty Bell, Rocky steps of our Art Museum, etc.) - be they bookstores, restaurants, streets with particularly pretty flowers or houses, neighborhoods you enjoy, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 4 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 5 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 6 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 7 North Carolina airports
- 8 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 9 Retiring to Tucson
- 10 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 11 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 12 Santa Fe Itineray
- 13 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 14 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 15 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 16 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 17 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 18 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 19 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 20 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 23 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 24 Roadtrip July 2017
- 25 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans