Will be in Alaska for 15 days in July this year. Have it all planned out, with visits to Anchorage., Seward, Kenai Fjords, Prince William Sound, Valdez, McCarthy, Wrangell St. Elias and Wasilla.
I had a couple of days before I flew home from Anchorage, and I had penciled in 2 nights and i full day in Denali. Staying just outside the main entrance.
Having looked into it in more detail, I'm now asking myself is it worth the drive from Anchorage, then having to spend 3-4 hours on a bus on a bumpy park road just to do some self-guided hiking on open tundra.
I will already have done glacier hiking and kayakiing in Kenai Fjords, and Ice Climbing and Rafting in Wrangell St. Elias. The only real reason i was going to Denali is because its famous and there's a better chance of seeing Grizzlies.
But now having looked into it, Im starting to think id be better off staying somewhere around Anchorage for the last 2 nights.
What do you think? Aside from Seward, Kenai Fjords are there other places within 2 hours drove if Anchorage which would be worth it more than Denali or am I not giving Denali enough credit?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/ptx-male-enhancement/
- 2 DC Restaurants
- 3 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 4 Short Oregon Trip
- 5 usa roadtrip
- 6 Hawaii and...where?
- 7 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 8 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 9 How much time in Badlands?
- 10 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 11 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 12 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 13 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 14 Chicago 2017
- 15 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 16 Christmas in Colorado
- 17 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 22 Marfa/Big Bend
- 23 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 24 JFK to Washington
- 25 Phoenix for the weekend