Will be in Alaska for 15 days in July this year. Have it all planned out, with visits to Anchorage., Seward, Kenai Fjords, Prince William Sound, Valdez, McCarthy, Wrangell St. Elias and Wasilla.
I had a couple of days before I flew home from Anchorage, and I had penciled in 2 nights and i full day in Denali. Staying just outside the main entrance.
Having looked into it in more detail, I'm now asking myself is it worth the drive from Anchorage, then having to spend 3-4 hours on a bus on a bumpy park road just to do some self-guided hiking on open tundra.
I will already have done glacier hiking and kayakiing in Kenai Fjords, and Ice Climbing and Rafting in Wrangell St. Elias. The only real reason i was going to Denali is because its famous and there's a better chance of seeing Grizzlies.
But now having looked into it, Im starting to think id be better off staying somewhere around Anchorage for the last 2 nights.
What do you think? Aside from Seward, Kenai Fjords are there other places within 2 hours drove if Anchorage which would be worth it more than Denali or am I not giving Denali enough credit?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://fornatgaex.com/advanced-lash/
- 2 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 3 Zytek XL Male Exhancement Reviews - (ZytekXL) *Shocking*!
- 4 Looking a Good Call Girl Service in Jayanagar Bangalore
- 5 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 6 Education for higher school
- 7 NYC For The Day
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 10 9-10 day trip to WA
- 11 Atlanta With Toddler
- 12 Turo?
- 13 USA family tour
- 14 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 15 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 16 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 17 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 18 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 19 Kauai planning help
- 20 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 21 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 22 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 23 California Trip
- 24 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 25 Need help nailing down the details