No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Denali after cruise
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nets vs Bulls (All Access) Middle Sideline Tickets for Listing
- 2 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 3 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 4 DC - WW2 flyover
- 5 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 6 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 7 Cape cod and Acadia
- 8 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 9 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 10 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 Colorado trip
- 13 First visit in New Mexico
- 14 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 15 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 16 Maine in latter half of September
- 17 Grand Marais?
- 18 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 19 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 20 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 21 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 22 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 23 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 24 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 25 trip outside of San Francisco with kids