No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 2 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 3 Newark to Paris
- 4 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 5 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 6 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 7 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 8 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 9 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 10 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 11 Napa Valley Hotel
- 12 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 13 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 14 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 15 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 16 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 17 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 18 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 19 Depot Bay OR
- 20 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 21 A June trip to Kauai
- 22 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 23 Across the United States by Train
- 24 Phone SIM
- 25 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA