No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anaheim - no car
- 2 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 3 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 4 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 5 New York best app
- 6 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 7 Hawaii - where?
- 8 Pacific Northwest
- 9 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 10 Shenandoah National park
- 11 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 12 Florida Nature Trip
- 13 Rental Car Orlando
- 14 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 15 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 16 San Francisco to San Diego
- 17 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 18 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 19 24 days out west
- 20 New Orleans Streetcars
- 21 Things to do in NYC
- 22 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!
- 23 Universal Express℠ Pass Worth it?
- 24 Sandford Airport
- 25 Highlights of our return to Kauai