No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Carolina airports
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 best health clubs with lap pools
- 5 10 days vacation in California
- 6 Trinity Site, NM
- 7 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 12 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 13 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 14 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 15 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 16 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 17 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 22 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017