No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 2 Driving CA 395
- 3 Maui and Kauai
- 4 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 5 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 6 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 9 Glacier National Park 2018
- 10 Hawaii wedding
- 11 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 12 Adirondacks trip repot
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 15 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 16 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 17 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 18 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 19 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 20 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 21 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 22 Downtown Denver hotel
- 23 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)