No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hilicopter tour oahu
- 2 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 3 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 4 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 5 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 6 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 7 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 8 Road trip from and back to New York
- 9 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 10 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 11 Berkshires with a toddler
- 12 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 13 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 14 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 15 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 16 Best way to see Oahu
- 17 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 18 CA coast road trip with kids
- 19 Vegas/California May 2016
- 20 Minnesota to Colorado
- 21 Pittsburgh Trip
- 22 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 23 Summer 2016 Group Vacation with young kids
- 24 Best centrally located hotel to see Santa Monica and Universal Studios?
- 25 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3