No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 Relocating?
- 4 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons
- 5 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 6 Virginia Beach/ Before or After Labor Day?
- 7 United Nations tours
- 8 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 9 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 10 September Road Trip in New England
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 12 Road trip October
- 13 NYC with 8 yr old
- 14 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 15 stopping off I 81 South
- 16 2 months in Hawaii!
- 17 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 18 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 19 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 20 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 21 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 22 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 23 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass