No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 British Open 2017
- 2 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 3 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 4 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 5 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 6 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 7 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 8 Flower Piano
- 9 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 10 Maine weather and temps
- 11 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 12 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 13 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 16 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 17 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 18 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 19 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 20 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 21 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 22 Alcatrez sold out
- 23 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 24 WA to CT
- 25 The Frugals Go To Maine