No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 4 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 5 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 6 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 7 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 8 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 9 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 10 Western U.S. Road trip
- 11 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 12 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 13 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 14 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 15 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 16 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 17 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 18 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 19 Returned from Sedona
- 20 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 21 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 22 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 23 New Orleans logistics
- 24 First Trip to New Orleans
- 25 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning