No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A week in NYC - first timers
- 2 Hawaii Trip in May
- 3 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 4 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 5 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 6 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 7 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 8 Colorado - Photography
- 9 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 10 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 11 Where to stay in NYC
- 12 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 13 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 14 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 15 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 16 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 17 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 18 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..
- 19 Tucson in February
- 20 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 21 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 22 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 23 Our first trip to Hawaii
- 24 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 25 South Padre Island for Christmas Week