No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Denali after cruise
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 3 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 4 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 5 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 6 Mesa Verde
- 7 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 8 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 9 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 10 Hotel near Miami airport
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 13 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 14 culpepper
- 15 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 16 Chicago trip
- 17 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 18 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 19 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 20 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 21 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 25 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast