No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days in Colorado
- 2 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 3 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 4 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 5 Southwest road trip
- 6 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 7 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 8 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 9 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 10 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 11 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 12 Safety Concerns
- 13 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 14 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 15 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 16 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 17 Alaska independent tour for group
- 18 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 19 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 20 Sedona for a Month
- 21 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 22 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 23 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 24 40th in Key West
- 25 Downtown Chicago