No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 2 Florida beach vacation
- 3 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 4 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 7 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 8 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 9 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 10 Nashville Never Been
- 11 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 12 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 13 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 14 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 15 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 16 I95
- 17 Rafting the Colorado
- 18 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 19 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 20 Uber boston
- 21 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 22 Florida vacation
- 23 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 24 Trip to USA in July
- 25 a short trip to san francisco