No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Denali after cruise
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONP help
- 2 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 3 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 6 Savanah Sojourn
- 7 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 8 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 9 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 10 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 11 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 12 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 13 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 14 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 15 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 16 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 17 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 18 Seattle Hyatts
- 19 Seattle: Something Different?
- 20 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 21 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 24 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 25 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation