No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Denali after cruise
- 1 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 2 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 5 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 6 Savannah restaurants
- 7 Boston and surrounding area
- 8 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 9 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 Middlebury vt quickie
- 13 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 14 Denver 1 day in denver
- 15 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 16 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 17 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 18 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 19 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 20 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 21 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 22 Albuquerque to Denver
- 23 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 24 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 25 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip