No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 2 Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 4 Southern history- walkable cities
- 5 Red Rocks Amphitheater places to stay
- 6 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 7 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 8 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 9 Reagan Library
- 10 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 11 US Open Tennis
- 12 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 13 Hawaii with limited time
- 14 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 15 Your favourite places in New York City
- 16 Steamboat in August
- 17 Hotels in San Diego
- 18 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 19 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 20 Cape cod Labor Day
- 21 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 22 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 23 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 24 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 25 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time