No answers so far on the cruise forum so thought I would give it a shot here...
We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Recommendations on lodging at Denali?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Denali after cruise
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 2 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 3 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 4 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 5 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 6 Tucson area flooding
- 7 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 8 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 9 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 10 St. Simon, Georgia
- 11 Looking for Next Destination
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 14 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 15 Moving to New Jersey
- 16 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 17 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 18 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 19 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 20 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 21 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 22 West Coast Road Trip
- 23 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 24 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 25 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of