Just hoping to get some advice, tips and guidance on our future trip to the States.
This is our plan so far flying out of London for a 2 week trip on December 27th
London - Atlanta - 1 night pick up car
Drive up to the Smoky's for 2 nights
Then drive to Nashville for 3 nights spending NYE here
Then onto Memphis for 2 nights
Then onto Natchez for 2 nights
Then onto New Orleans for 3 nights
Then we plan to fly from NO to Miami for 2 nights then back to London
Firstly does this sound like an OK plan??
Or would you suggest missing out the smoky's and heading up past Chatanooga instead??
Anything we should see / do in between any of these stops?
Are we staying in some places too long / not long enough??
Great hotels / restaurant / bar recommendations all greatly received
We are really keen to take in as much live music as we can, so excited for this trip!!
I really look forward to hearing from you all.
Deep South Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennedy Space Center
- 2 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 3 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 4 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 5 week in US/Mexico
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 12 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 13 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 16 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 19 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 20 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 21 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 24 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 25 Asheville NC without a car