Just hoping to get some advice, tips and guidance on our future trip to the States.
This is our plan so far flying out of London for a 2 week trip on December 27th
London - Atlanta - 1 night pick up car
Drive up to the Smoky's for 2 nights
Then drive to Nashville for 3 nights spending NYE here
Then onto Memphis for 2 nights
Then onto Natchez for 2 nights
Then onto New Orleans for 3 nights
Then we plan to fly from NO to Miami for 2 nights then back to London
Firstly does this sound like an OK plan??
Or would you suggest missing out the smoky's and heading up past Chatanooga instead??
Anything we should see / do in between any of these stops?
Are we staying in some places too long / not long enough??
Great hotels / restaurant / bar recommendations all greatly received
We are really keen to take in as much live music as we can, so excited for this trip!!
I really look forward to hearing from you all.
Deep South Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 2 Big island itinerary
- 3 Thousand Islands
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 8 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 9 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 10 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 11 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 12 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 13 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 14 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 15 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 16 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 17 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 18 New York City and New England
- 19 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 22 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 23 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 24 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 25 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions