My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Deep South road trip, 2 wks. Brits needing your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 A day in Dallas
- 11 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 14 Door County Suggestions
- 15 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 16 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 17 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 25 San Diego parks and attractions