My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ERROR Solution :THUNDERBIRD GET TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208
- 2 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 3 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 4 Seward without a car
- 5 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 6 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 7 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 8 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 9 flagstaff
- 10 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 11 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 12 sugestions
- 13 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 14 Rules of the NY Subway
- 15 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 16 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 17 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 18 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 19 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 20 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 21 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 22 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 23 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 24 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 25 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?