My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 2 Northern California Relocation Road Trip
- 3 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 4 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 5 Mountain Honeymoon
- 6 Richmond, VA Fodor's fans?
- 7 Maui 7 day trip itinerary (with toddler)
- 8 Big Island Volcano with a 7 yr old
- 9 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 10 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 11 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 12 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 13 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 14 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 15 Asheville Hotel Indigo
- 16 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 17 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 18 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 19 Which city/area in Alaska to choose?
- 20 Traveling from SeaTac airport to Sequim, WA
- 21 Seattle Kitsay Airporter
- 22 Short weekend in Seattle
- 23 LV: Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall...?
- 24 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 25 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December