My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 2 International transferring planes at CDG
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 7 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 8 Day Tripping in Florida Keys
- 9 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 10 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 11 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 12 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 13 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 14 blue ridge parkway?
- 15 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 16 San Diego, mission valley
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 19 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 20 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 21 November redwoods trip
- 22 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW