My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 more info: https://cleanserenewdenmark.com/ultavive-garcinia/
- 2 Planning our Move
- 3 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 4 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 5 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 6 Wilmington DE questions
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 11 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 12 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 13 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 14 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 15 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 16 Hotel advise Chicago
- 17 Maui and Kauai
- 18 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 19 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 20 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 21 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 22 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 23 Trip to Cali
- 24 NYC Hotel Decision
- 25 NFL tickets