My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Deep South road trip, 2 wks. Brits needing your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 3 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 4 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 5 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 culpepper
- 9 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 10 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 13 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 14 Pub with food in Seattle
- 15 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 16 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 17 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 18 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 19 Hotel near Miami airport
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 22 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 23 Our perfect day in Key West
- 24 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 25 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park