My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 2 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 3 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 4 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 5 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 6 Yellowstone
- 7 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 8 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 9 Redwoods National Park
- 10 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 11 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 12 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 13 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 14 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 15 New Mexico in May
- 16 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 17 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 18 Traveling Alone
- 19 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 20 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 21 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 22 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Arizona in late January
- 25 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans