My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Deep South road trip, 2 wks. Brits needing your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 2 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 3 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 4 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 5 Shenandoah National Park
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 8 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 9 Seattle Visit April
- 10 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 13 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 14 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 15 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 16 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 17 Morning in miami
- 18 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 19 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 20 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 21 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 22 One night on the outskirts of Seattle - anywhere neat for the night
- 23 Old Faithful Inn East Vs West Wing differences
- 24 Mission: Florida Gulf Coast-Feb 2016
- 25 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver