My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Deep South road trip, 2 wks. Brits needing your help!
- 1 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 4 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 7 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 8 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 9 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 13 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 14 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 15 Madison Square Garden
- 16 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 17 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 18 St. Augustine, Florida
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 21 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 22 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 23 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 24 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 25 Which Florida Key to snorkel?