My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favourite places in New York City
- 2 Phone SIM
- 3 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 4 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 5 Las vegas +21
- 6 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 7 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 8 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 9 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 10 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 11 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 12 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 13 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 14 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 15 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 18 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 19 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 20 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 21 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 22 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 23 Newark to Paris
- 24 A June trip to Kauai
- 25 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?