My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/varitonil/
- 2 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 3 Denver to Yellowstone
- 4 October New England Honeymoon??
- 5 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 6 hotel in NYC
- 7 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 8 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 9 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 10 Briefly, in WNY
- 11 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 12 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 13 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 14 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 15 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 16 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 17 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 18 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 19 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 20 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 21 Zion National Park
- 22 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 23 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 24 What to do in Asheville
- 25 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS