My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 2 Angels Landing
- 3 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 7 First time visit to California
- 8 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 9 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 10 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 11 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 12 NY State Assembly Internship
- 13 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 14 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 15 Touring Hearst Castle
- 16 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 17 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 18 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 19 San Francisco
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 22 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 23 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 24 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 25 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival