My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 days road trip southern New England
- 2 If you are healthcare an harm,
- 3 Philly Itinerary Help
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 5 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 6 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 7 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 8 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 9 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 10 Best People Traffic Counters
- 11 trip out west horses and rafting
- 12 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 13 California road trip - RV/camping or hotels
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 16 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 17 Costco Travel
- 18 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 19 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 20 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 21 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 22 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 23 USA family tour
- 24 Country Walkers
- 25 Kailua-kona 1892 monument