My boyfriend and I are interested in taking 2 weeks to explore the Southern USA, grown from a long love of literature like Carson McCullers, Kathryn Stockett, Steinbeck et al - and the outdoors.
A few years ago I did a road trip from NY to LA that took in the midwest, Wyoming, Dakotas, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Death Valley, Bodie etc and was spoiled for the variety of things.
We're still hoping on this trip, to be able to:
- camp/ log cabin in a gorgeous national park
- see sleepy towns and drink whiskey on the porch (!)
- see some cities
- a good beach
Can anyone recommend a route? We'll be flying in from London and thinking of starting or finishing in New Orleans, but open to suggestions. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 2 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 3 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 4 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 5 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 6 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 7 Coffee in Boston?
- 8 Nashville Never Been
- 9 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 10 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 11 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 12 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 13 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 14 Traveling in winter
- 15 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 16 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 17 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 18 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 19 New orleans recs for family
- 20 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 21 Later Winter around Mobile
- 22 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 23 Uber boston
- 24 Florida keys trip
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO